Tripadvisor
Rome
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews perfect stay continental breakfast small hotel top floor central rome bathroom
Selected filters
Reviewed January 1, 2020

We chose this hotel for its superb location. On booking, I told them I was disabled and asked for a walk-in shower and asked for confirmation that there was a lift. Both of these were confirmed so I went ahead and booked. On arrival, I asked for directions to the lift and a lady pointed up a flight of stairs. Apparently the lift only starts on the first floor. My wheelchair being a bit of a giveaway, I enquired as to how I was to reach my room. I had no choice but to try and get to the first floor. An hour later, I reached the room. All over the building were steps up or down, even into the bathroom in my room. I tried to get a return flight home but couldn’t. So I spent the rest of the day trying to find another hotel and I had no choice but to stay there one night, confined to the room as I couldn’t go near the stairs again. With the help of a pharmacist for extra pain management and my husband bringing in a takeaway, we stayed one night before moving to another hotel. I was told that I hadn’t specifically asked if the lift began on the ground floor so it was my own fault! I had to pay the full amount. I’ve never stayed anywhere where the lift didn’t start on the ground floor. For the fully mobile, this hotel would be really good, but beware if you are less able and don’t expect any sympathy! Totally ruined my trip to Rome .

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed December 6, 2019

We stayed in room #6 over the Thanksgiving holiday. This small hotel is in the perfect location. Half way inbetween theVatican and Collosseum, on the small roadway leading to the Campo de' Fiori, and acrosss the street from the Taxi stand and the Piazza di Pasquino. There are literally 150 restaurants within a 3 block radius, plus all the associated tourist traps, grocery stores and shops.

I wish I could rate this hotel a 7 on a scale of 1-5.

Even though the Hotel is on a busy corner in Central Rome, we never heard any street noise, and slept wth the window open most nights. Our room had air conditioning, but we didn't need it.The room was small, but the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was well appointed. Fresh towels were provided everyday. Our room was cleaned every day to a level as we just arrived.

The standard European continental breakfast was good and plentiful.

We got a kick out of riding the tiny two person elevator to the top floor every day. We will make sure to book here again when we get to come back to Rome.

Room tip: Stay here whenever possible
Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed August 15, 2019

This is a great place for quiet, comfort and easy access to the sites of Rome. The room was comfortable and clean with a nice view over the rooftops. The breakfast was fantastic, the people were extremely nice. It is a fantastic boutique - guesthouse experience.

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed October 8, 2018

Arrived early from Singapore on Sunday and found it a bit hard to find as its on the fifth floor inside a courtyard building. The location is fantastic as its only a few metres to the Piazza Navona. All central Rome is waking distance. The rooms are all new and have a bathroom with a great shower. The only issue we had with it was because of the obvious limited drainage from the shower you have to be careful not to flood the room. However everything else is very comfortable. Breakfast was 5 Euro and was more than sufficient. There is a patisteria downstairs that sells great conoli. Staff are very helpful and friendly and were helpful in recommending restaurants ect. Bravi

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter A
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

Don't be put off by the large door outside. Just go in, go up a few steps on the left and take the lift up to the top floor. This hotel is right next to Piazza Navona, making it's location superb and right in the heart of the old part of Rome. In fact, we basically walked everywhere. The people around are lovely and looked after us very well, making sure we were ok and giving useful tips for where to go. The breakfast was a simple, continental breakfast but we were offered scrambled eggs too, which was lovely. The rooms are very clean and of a decent size. Overall, I loved staying here and would highly recommend this place.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bi V