“Great!”

Sotto il Sole di Roma
Ranked #374 of 3,709 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 29, 2011

It is a very nice place, in a great position to visit all main attraction in Rome.
Room are really nice,breakfast satisfied and staff so kind!!!
For sure i will stay in sotto il sole di roma in my next visit!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Sotto il Sole di Roma

Reviewed November 20, 2011

Very goog accomodation in a good position next to the Vatican. We were in a room for 3 persons what was enough big for us (parents and adoult child). The sleeping room and the bathroom were clean. The breakfast was simple and solid, but good and enough. Raul and his uncle were really nice and helpful and hospitable. We enjoyed very much our 4 days of Rome visit.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I want to say few words about this amazing place :)
1) incredible friendly stuff! Cinquegrani's family - my compliments. It seems to be at home.
2) good location, few minutes to Vatican, about 15 minutes to Piazza Del Popolo and 15 minutes to Piazza Navona. also there are many stores and shops :)

so thanks for the best vacation in italy!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Stayed at Sotto for 3 nights in early October. I booked directly with Raul as I stayed there 2 years ago. This time I came with my wife who is a pickier traveller. Things have only gotten better since my last visit. Sotto is now even easier to get to from the airport versus a 40 Euro or more taxi. Sitbus now has an 8 Euro service that takes about 40 min & drops you about 1/3 mile east of Sotto @ Piazza Cavour. The front entrance of the building is just north of Castle de Angelo and is easy to find w/Sottos logo on the side entrance. After being buzzed up, there is an elevator to take you to the 3rd floor. We stayed in room 2 and found a large king sized bed with a comfortable mattress, personal control air conditioning that actually works (a rarity in Rome hotels) and window that opened, fridge modern bathroom all very new and consistent with the pics on Sottos website. Breakfast has even improved with excellent cappuchinos, prosciutto ham, fresh pastries, cereals, 2 fruits juices. Raul was happy to provide any advice needed or leave you on your own - no pressure to sell you tours or any of that nonsense. What we liked best was modern amenities in a quiet location that made it easy to walk to the Vatican, Castle de Angelo. Plaza Navone, etc. Will be back again in a couple of years.

Room Tip: I think all 6 rooms are the same as I've stayed in 2 of them and saw a 3rd
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ukier
Reviewed September 16, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for one night on September 5th, 2011. After renting a car at the airport and some difficult navigation through the streets of Rome we found the place without too much trouble.

There wasn't anyone immediately available, but after my wife had a look around while I went to park someone was out to help us fairly promptly. I think the important thing is to make sure they know what time you are arriving so that they are on-site.

Managed to park right outside the building for almost two full days and paid less than 10 euros for it. Bargain!

We were greeted by Mario who spoke limited English but was able to get us checked in and show us the room without any trouble. Even with the language barrier you could tell he was very passionate about his city and was a very warm and welcoming host. He instructed us to make sure we walk everywhere so as not to miss a thing - advice we gladly took.

The room was very modern and exceptionally clean and tidy. We had no problems using the WiFi internet. The blinds in the room did an amazing job of keeping the light out, so much so that when we woke up in the morning we weren't sure that it was really 8am given it was still pitch black in our room. Hardly spent much time in the room at all, but for what we did we were really impressed.

Breakfast was more than enough for us: Fresh croissants, selection of Italian cold cuts, cake, cappuccino. Plenty to give the morning a kick-start.

The location was incredible being just a few minutes walk from The Vatican. We also walked from the B&B to the Spanish steps and Trevi Fountain, and down to the Colloseum and it wasn't a problem for us. There was always something new and interesting to see every 5 minutes or so and it felt like we were just bouncing from one tourist attraction to the next.

Overall I would highly recommend this B&B. If you are the kind of travellers that like to have someone available 24 hours a day then you'll want to look at a full-service hotel and not this place. If you're a little more independent then I think Sotto il Sole di Roma is the place to be. My wife and I will stay here again without question and enjoyed the modern rooms and friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2011

We stayed here in Sept 2010 and loved it. Fantastic rooms in a great location with a really warm welcome from Raul. When I planned a surprise trip to Rome for my parents in Sept 2011 I knew exactly where to book. Raul organised airport transfers and took great care of my parents. You won't be dissappointed at Sotto il Sole di Roma!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stayed here recently and loved it. The apartment was everything we could ask for, a great location in a charming old building and very clean. We were greeted by Raul, who was friendly and welcoming. It is true he is not there a lot of the time, but that was not a problem for us. The only improvement I would suggest for the hotel is having phones in the room, because our cell phones did not work out of the country.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends