“Great deal for a budget traveler!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Martini Bed

Martini Bed
Ranked #314 of 3,752 Rome B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Great deal for a budget traveler!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

A friend and I stayed here for four days in October. The price is great. It is very well located less than five minutes away from the Metro station. The rooms are kept very clean and I loved how environmentally conscious Martini Bed is. Also, they have free wifi, which I found surprisingly hard to find in Rome.
The only complaint that I have is that the walls are very thin, so I was able to hear someone snoring in the next room.
My flight out of Rome didn't leave until late in the afternoon, so the gentleman that works there let me lock my things up in a cupboard while I went and did some last minute exploring. That was really nice and convenient.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

I stayed at Martini b & b for 6 nights, and really enjoyed it. There's a big range of nice breakfast things you can help yourself to in the kitchen, so it was relaxed and felt like being at home. The owner, Paolo, is very good with information about the area and Rome, and always willing to help. He even took me to an address I couldn't find, which was a huge help, and more than what I expected - thanks Paolo!!
I'd definitely stay there again, and I'd recommend it!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Maasmechelen, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

Budget trip? This is the one you're looking for! It's a cheap Bed and Breakfast, and it has everything you need. We had a 4 persons large bedroom with balcony and a private bathroom. The owner and his brother were very kind and gave us nice tips! We asked where the best place would be to see the football match of Italy, a few minutes later he arrived with a description of a piazza with a large screen. There English is also fabulous! Most Italian people have difficulties with English but these two not. I would stay here again next time. I can recommend this B&B for sure! It's a bit outside the city center and in a good neighborhood. After a one minute walk, you're at a metro station. So are you on a low budget but do you want a nice place to stay? Take this one!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Milan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

For the price, Martini Bed it's a great deal. You get a spacious room and a private bathroom for a reasonable price, which is something very rare in Rome. The breakfast is not something memorable (italian breakfasts are made of sweets) but you can have access to a kitchen and fridge and prepare your favorite meal. There is also a bakery and a supermarket close by. This B&B is just right next to the metro line which takes you to Termini and Vaticano. The people are nice and you feel at ease here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2011

What we appreciate most about Martini Bed is the attention of the owner towards their customer’s satisfaction. During our stay in Rome we were sick and certainly we do not speak Italian and days were not that interesting because of sickness. However, the owner of Martini Bed impressed us a lot by writing the symptoms and the names of the medicine in Italian and trying asking us everyday if everything was better. We think that this is what makes Martini bed differs from other businesslike hotels that we have been. Also, rooms are well decorated and there is a shared computer (good for backpackers like us who unwillingly want to carry computer along the trip).

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2009

Even though it’s away from the heart of the ancient Rome, location is great: close to an underground station (it takes 20 min to get to the Coliseum ) and not too far from ciampino airport where I landed. The neighbourhood then is full of spots where you can eat for a few bucks, which are hard to find in Rome. I had the chance to spend there a w/e and meet Paolo, heartily and helpful ; relaxed atmosphere , wi-fi internet, bathroom ensuite and extremely clean………it all makes it a place I'd stay again

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo