“Don't bother”

Neighborhood: Monti
Description: Always Open,Day and night
“Don't bother”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

It was ok, just ok. You can do so much better nearby. Keep looking. This place does not deserve a ranking in the top 1000. Walk back towards the colleseum and you'll do better.

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“It was ok...”
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Our first night in Rome and we just wanted some easy dinner. The service was friendly, but the staff did seem a little disinterested as they waited for the night to get busier. Not amazing food- it was edible but i've had better Italian food in Australia and London! The sauces for pasta were yum but the actual pasta and gnocchi dishes we ordered were chewy and tasted very similar. The atmosphere was fairly comfortable (we were there between 630-830 on a saturday and it was quiet) but I wouldnt bother returning. Just average and im so sure there is better in Rome! Also there was a hair in my gnocchi!!! I didnt complain because I dont like to cause a fuss, but that just shouldnt happen. Probably ok if you want something simple but I won't bother again!

“Lovely food and athmosphere (soulfood)”
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

After 5 nights of pasta i was ready for a late drink, good food and some ambience. We came up on the bar by chance while walking near the "Colosseo" area!

If you are around the coliseum pls try this bar n restaurant - the rum cooler is to die for

The waiter, "Emma" was very accomodating, warm and nice. I cannot write enough positive things so please, pass the word round

Athens, Greece
“Pefetto!!!”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I visited this restaurant with my boyfriend during our 7nights stay in Rome!!!
Lucky us it was the first we visited upon our arrival on a rainy night and we loved it that much that we kept on visiting it every single night!!!Great atmosphere and service but most of all GREAT FOOD AND DESSERTS!!!
Would definitely recommend it as it remains open until late as well!!!

• Visited February 2012
Washington, DC
“Great Cozy Restaurant on a Cold & Rainy Night”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I was staying at a B&B on Via Labicana and was in search of a close restaurant that served something other than pizza! I had been to Cafe Merulana before on a previous trip to Rome and was underwhelmed by the meal, but wanted to give the restaurant a second chance. I'm glad I did. I ordered prosciutto to start, which was fantastic. For my entree I ordered the gnocchi. It was piping hot and practically melted in my mouth. It definitely seemed to be homemade, although, considering how good it was, it didn't really matter whether it was or not!

The ambiance is a mix between a cozy family restaurant and a pub. The noise level is moderate, so it's a great place to go if you want to chat and catchup with friends or family. The prices are reasonable (about 10 euro for a pasta dish), although the beef entrees seemed to be a bit overpriced considering the quality of the meat. I wasn't given an option to have tap water, so I ended up spending 3 euro for a bottle of still water - although paying for water (bottled AND tap) seems to be the norm in Rome.

I was happy with my dinner and will certainly go there again!

• Visited December 2012