We stayed for there 2 nights. Booking and communication with staff was great. They replied promptly to all my questions and were always courteous. I had a late arrival (flight was 5 hours delayed) and Marcella stayed at the reception to welcome me. She helped me with my luggage.
I requested a quiet room and they gave me one. During my stay, I did not hear any noise from the street and slept with no problems (well guests next door came late one night and were a bit noisy).
-Breakfast was good, they had fresh fruit and yogurt and to drink water, coffee and juice. They also had hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, and toast. I was happy with my fresh fruit.
-Bathroom was small, it had a toilet, bidet, sink and a very small shower. I am 5.1 120 lbs and the shower was small for me. It was a nice Jacuzzi shower though.
-During my first morning, I inquired for directions to Spanish steps the owner and his wife, who were heading in that direction, were very nice and they personally walked with us.
-WI FI was a hit or miss, signal was not reliable and we did not had a signal for hours. A couple needed to book something and staff let them use their computer to book it. In the reception you will find a printout of the weather forecast for the day. You will find a laptop too.
- Upon check in, staff will give you a set of 2 keys, one for the mail door to the building and the second one for your bedroom. You will be given a code to use for the door keypad to enter the papessa reception area and rooms.
-La papessa is located between floors 2 and 3 of a centrally located building. You will enter building go up a flight of stairs to find the small elevator. You will head to 3rd floor get out of elevator and go down the steps (again) to the middle floor, turn left and you will see the papessa sign and door with keypad. If you go to 2nd floor, upon exiting elevator, turn left go up the stairs and see the papessa door on your left.
Things that they should be working on:
-Wi Fi needs to be more reliable.
-Improve safety by checking their furniture regularly and provide sturdy chairs and furniture. My husband sat on a wobbly chair and fell on floor hitting his back. Luckily nothing happened to him. Chair's top rail broke in two pieces. Staff (owner's wife) was informed immediately and she admitted that chairs were, and I quote, "old". They replaced the chair.
-Shower drain was blocked, water accumulated after each shower. Informed owner's wife and took her to the shower to observe. She said that next day handyman will fix it. 24 hours later, drain was still blocked and staff did not provide any updates.
Overall, I like the papessa, It is a 4 minute walk to Fontana di Trevi, 5 to Pantheon and 7 to Piazza Navonna. Located downtown. I will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Papessa is located in the historical centre at 200 meters from Trevi's Fountain and 800 meters from Spanish Steps. Located in a XVI century building, our strategic position let you reach by foot all the most important places: Circus Maximus, Colosseum, Pantheon, Piazza Navona, Campo de'Fiori or to take the bus to the Vatican Museums. Pubs, trattorie, osterie, typical restaurantes and the shopping area of Via Condotti, Via Frattina, Via del Corso are just next to us. BREAKFAST Breakfast is served in the breakfast room or can be served in the room at a free cost. It's at continental way (8:00-10:30), with a rich choice of beverages (coffee, tea, italian cappuccino, milk, fruit juices, hot chocolate) and foods (toast bread, jams, butter, croissant, boiled eggs, cheese slices, italian salami, fresh fruits, cereals, yogurts, home made cakes). On request we can provide diabetic and celiac breakfast (no extra charge) STAFF We speak English and Spanish, some French, Portoguese and German and we will be very pleased to assist you and to help you with informations about the events and the curiosity of Rome. A city map will be provided and we will show you how to reach the main famous places. We are at La Papessa every morning from 8:00 untill 13:00 and sometimes also in the afternoon but you can always reach us by phone or Whatsapp - also during the night, just in case of any emergency :: ROOMS The rooms have decorated high ceilings (XVIII century) and antique forniture. Elegant and comfortable for a special relaxed vacation Double, double + extra bed or quadruple, they all have: private en-suite bathroom (shower box, courtesy kit, hair dryer) free wifi minifridge air conditioning safe (lap top size) tea/coffee facilities (tea/coffee free begs included) TV telephone for free local calls and emergency calls Daily Cleanings from 9:00 untill 11:00 For late arrivals, we can provide cold plate packaged directly in the room (extra charge) From 1st January 2011 a city tax will be applied, it is €3,5 per person per night Checkin until 18:00 (6pm) Checkout from 8:00am until 10:30am Please, inform us about your arrival time as we haven't any 24h reception service Airport transfer service (€50 to 80) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Papessa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Papessa Guest House Hotel Rome