“Excellent Food, little expensive”
Review of Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc
Ranked #100 of 12,357 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Campo Marzio
Description: On the romantic corner of Via di Ripetta, at the heart of the Eternal City, Ad Hoc restaurant in Rome is the ideal place to enjoy pleasant moments of relaxation complemented by the traditional tastes and ancient aromas of Roman and Mediterranean cuisine. An intimate dining destination for all seasons, you can expect a warm greeting at Ad Hoc restaurant in Rome before taking your seat to enjoy high quality cuisine, skilfully prepared with the freshest fish, meat and seasonal game. Truffle all the year with a dedicated menu. Chef Marco Casentini insists on taking no shortcuts with the quality of his ingredients, and the chef's passion for the light cuisine he prepares makes him confident that each dish is worth the wait. Ad Hoc restaurant is also proud of its wine cellar. Compiled from continuous and careful research into the best labels, the wine list showcases 800 wines .
Poquoson, Virginia
“Excellent Food, little expensive”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We had about this place so I made reservations !The food was excellent!!!!The plates are a little price!!!The service was very good also!

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kungalv, Sweden
“Like a family member”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The food was very good, we described it internally as italian home style cooking on a high level. We ordered all different tasting menus ( 2x Truffel menu, 1 x Roman style, 1 x Land style) and they were very good, portions were generous . I eat already fill before dessert and needed a Grappa inbeteen :-). The ambience was so nice, I already gave recommendations to friends and collegues: in case they visit Rome they should find time to visit Adhoc. But the very best of all was the service. Massimiliano, who is the owner, must be very proud for his staff. They girls are friendly, well read about the food and the wines and, very important, they asked until they understand what we want to have. They were never afraid to ask. We celebrate the birthday of our son and just before the dessert should come, they shut down the light in the whole restaurant and came in with candle light burning and singing "Happy Birthday", and even all other guests start to sing. Guess if tears were running :-).
Next time we are in Rome we will eat there definitly. By they way; I booked via Internet and this gives 10% discount. I forget it but not the staff. I asked why they changed the bill to a lower price and got the explanation: because you booked via Internet. Well done. We all were really impressed. They day before we had some food in a Michelin star rated restaurant and the food was more fancy. But neither the restaurant ambience nor the staff can match Adhoc.

Castleford, United Kingdom
“superb restaurant”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My wife and I visited the Ad Hoc restaurant on the 29th June. From walking into the restaurant to walking out of it nothing could be faulted. The staff were excellent explaining what every course existed of and how it was cooked. Their knowledge of wine was also first class. We were greeted with a free glass of white wine and a small aperitif. I had the first course of three carbonaras and the taste of these was out of this world. I would recommend this dish to anyone. I wont go into detail of the rest of the meal but needless to say everything was superb. You must be prepared to pay but it is worth every penny. Many thanks to all the staff for a wonderful night. If I am ever in Rome again the Ad Hoc will be the first restaurant on my list. A must for any visitor to Rome.

Utrecht, The Netherlands
“great all round”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We followed the advice of Tripadvisor and all we got was very much appreciated, with no distinction between appetizers, pasta and main dishes, all excellent, beautiful setting, great service, above average prices but so is their quality.

Visited June 2013
Munich, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good choice”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Based on the reviews on tripadvisor I chose that restaurant for a very nice dinner for my wife and myself. We had the the set menu and it was really amazing with great wine. The waitress was very friendly as well. And the design in the restaurant with all the wine bottles is very unique.