“Loved It!!”

Ristorante Crispi 19
Reserve with
Ristorante Crispi 19 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #86 of 13,100 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Colonna
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

The Food was FANTASTIC....The Best... Mauricio was so good to us explaining every dish and every type of wine we had. He even took the time to email me some recipes!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,202)

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Ristorante Crispi 19 was our rare one-time splurge for our last night in Rome. It was around 9pm at night, so we were able to grab a table without a reservation with ease. We both ordered the meat tasting menu for 52 euros, plus wine. All the dishes were delicious. Also, very nice service -- the owner even came out at the end to ask us how our meal was. The restaurant is nice and cozy, with scenes of Venice painted on the walls and soft lighting. Some people may find the decor tacky or odd; we really didn't notice. But while I can't complain about the food or the experience, I doubt I will go there again. We usually travel on a tight budget, and this was the most we've ever paid for a meal so far. For the price, I was hoping to be served absolutely incredible food I'd still be dreaming about wistfully years later, and that just wasn't the case. When I think about the wonderful food I've eaten abroad, this doesn't make the top ten.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Rome has always been a favourite destination and while I will always have fond memories of the city, Crispi stands out as one of the most memorable treats in the entire city. An experience not easily forgotten.

I heard about the place through some italian friends working for the EU who know their food and told me I could not skip this place and my god was I ever grateful that I followed their advice.

Crispi is a reasonably small place that one could easily miss when passing it on the street, but inside we were greeted by the owner & chef and made to feel completely at home. The staff all around was friendly, knowledgeable, and incredibly skilled as we were told in great detail how each dish was prepared that day with a big smile.

The plating was beautiful, but the food was shockingly good. Simply put I cant think of a better seafood meal during the rest of our 4 weeks traveling around northern Italy ...............................yes, it was that good!

In fairness, diners should expect to pay for the quality as the two of us spend around 150 euro for 3 courses each washed down with a lovely bottle of prosecco, some mineral water, and an espresso. Admittedly, a bit pricey for a proper lunch, but in retrospect completely worth every penny.

Given the atmosphere, plating, service, hospitality, and the fact that the menu changes regularly based on seasonal specialties this is by far and away a mecca for seafood lovers. Will be sure to come back again and again whenever I am in Rome!

1  Thank Confused_ExpatHanoi
Reviewed April 7, 2014

If you're looking for the best fish restaurant in Rome - you just found it ! An unbeatable combination of fresh fish, imaginatively cooked and beuatifully served, with a terrific wine list. Ask for recommendations of which wine with which dish and you will not be disappointed.
You can probably find cheaper fish restauarants in Rome but almost certainly none better than this - and you will remember this one for a long long time

1  Thank jofi69
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I booked this restaurant from the UK for my husbands 50th birthday celebrations after reading Trip advisor and various website reviews. Obviously, when booking a new place you are always slightly dubious upon entering as you're not sure what to expect. Some reviews said excellent, others not so good! I must say, I am with the first lot!! We too found the interior rather eclectic and somewhat different but also noticed it was spotlessly clean! The staff were very attentive and extremely helpful. We ordered oysters to start which we're excellent and not badly priced at 3€ per piece. We then chose lobster from the live tank and they cooked them to perfection and exactly how we liked. Our son (only 9yrs) asked for fillet steak and although they said they had no french fries when it came he had french fries which they had cooked just for him! He was over the moon!! All in all the atmosphere was friendly, welcoming and although quite intimate you felt like you knew every one else in the room, quite lovely! I would recommend Crispi 19 without hesitation and as for price it seems very much similar to everywhere else we've eaten so nothing spectacular to worry about when paying. We will definitely return next time we're in Rome. A true gem!

1  Thank Kris W