“Very clean, Great Staff, Best breakfast in Rome”
Review of Domidea Hotel

Domidea Hotel
Ranked #210 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Niagara Falls
“Very clean, Great Staff, Best breakfast in Rome”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

This hotel is very unique, every room is different.. even a different size. It is super clean and the staff is very attending and friendly. The cleaning staff is superb and so is the breakfast crew lead by the very accommodating Andreea Costas. Breakfast is included from 7am until 10am. The only problem is the hotel is located on the northeast fringe of Rome. There is a shuttle which will take you to to the subway station at Tiburtina and from there you can get to any attraction in Rome. The last trip at night to the subway station is 10:30pm. A small train station is also located around the corner a few blocks up underground called Tor Sappienza(Tower of Angels) which you can look up on line(search: trenitalia site). There is a very reasonable grocery store called Deco next door and a wonderful restaurant right next door called Fils. Fil and his staff are amazing. He was a top chef in New York City for 10 years. Spent allot of time there and realy enjoyed it. In the beginning a few years ago it was all business people. Over the last year a lot of tourists. If you are not afraid of a bit of a trek and adventure this hotel is excellent and comes with a very economical price for Rome. Watch out it is sold out a lot now.

Room Tip: All rooms are unique and fun. I like it on the 4th floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Cuisine3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We spent a week here with family and it was a nice hotel, the room and breakfast were adequate, the shuttle service was useful when we discovered it but it was a fair distance from the nearest station and far from the city centre - not ideal for tourists.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Ebru R
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I was 4 nights in this hotel. It is an OK hotel, everything worked as it should, exept the air condition in our room could not be turned off. The breakfast was OK, but I would expect more form a 4* hotel, like maybe some scrambled eggs or more vegetables.
The location is not ideal, but you can reach the last metro station in 5 minutes with the car or it takes a bit more with the bus. From there you need about 15 minutes to the Coloseum so it is not that bad.
And they don´t have own restaurant, but you can finde some nice restaurants not far away.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Alenka_travels
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We spent a week in this hotel during New Year holidays.
I would like to start with the location, which was unbelievably inconvenient. This is not Rome, it suburbs and definately not a very safe one. If you are travelling without a car, you will have to spend about 45 minutes on the metro to get from the centre, then wait for 15-20 minutes for a bus and finally have a bumpy ride for 15 minutes in it. If you don't want to be robbed, I also won't recommend you to return later than 10 o"clock and try to conceal any packages from expensive boutiques.
There is absolutely nothing near the hotel except for a gas station, casino and a club Cleopatra, which suspiciosly look like a stripclub.
The rooms are not very big, poorly furnished, with very very uncomfortable small beds and tiny TV. Our air conditioneer didn't work properly, so the tempreture was a surprise: we could wake up in the middle of the night because it's suddenly 15 degrees and freezing or on the opposite because it started to raise the temperature up to +29. To be fair I should mention, that the room was however always clean.
When you leave the room check your lockers on the luggage twice, because we sometimes had a strong feeling that someone was looking through our stuff.
As for breakfast, I think it is a very big word for that dry ration that they give to you (no hot meal, sometimes even no cheese for bread, only lots of kinds of bread and buns).
In the conclusion I would like to say that maybe in some cases it worth to visit this hotel but only for its reasonable price, for a short period and ONLY if you have your own car.
It is definately not a 4 star hotel, max 3-.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Oklahoma
Reviewed January 6, 2014

we booked the hotel under the pretense that we would be able to sleep 7 people in one of the suites. When the hotel found out that we would be 4 adults and 3 children, they made us pay for another room, even if it was only for one night. We paid 151 euro for one night in a room that was way too big for two adults and two children. The rooms were huge by European standards and very clean. The wifi worked okay. The front desk was very helpful and friendly. However, they really do mean it when they say "only 4 people" despite the fact that the couch turns into a futon and you can sleep 7 comfortably. I would not stay here. We've had better hotels for less money.

Room Tip: they really mean that a room is only for however many people THEY recommend, not how many people you...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the worst 4 star experience in my life. This hotel should not be rated 4 star. This is supposedly a business hotel but there was no internet during my 2 days stay. There is no proper kitchen in the hotel. The breakfast is very very poor. First hotel in my life that does not serve scrambled eggs in the breakfast. My room was freezing when i cheked in. By the way this is a room without windows. They told me a technician will check. They then informed me that it was fixed but there was no change. They asked me to wait couple of hours. After 3 hours they decided to cahnge my room. Try to avoid this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Alican S
Bangkok
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This hotel was a total let-down and is no way anywhere close to the claimed four-star level. The rooms are small, my laptop screen is bigger than the tiny television, the shower is flimsy and lacking in hot water, there is no assistance for luggage, parking is minimal, the breakfast does not measure up, and the internet is a joke.

I booked two rooms. One was a Double (Single Use), and it was clearly marked as such. There was even one single silhouette so there was no confusion. The other room was a Double Use, there were two silhouettes, and there was no mention of single use. When we arrived, we were told there would be a 25 euro fee for the second person in the second room. I complained, and I was told that it doesn't matter what is said online, this was their policy. I looked again and saw that the same room for two people was only 10 euros more than the room for one person. I had to fight and enlist Agoda's help, but I did finally get the price reduced to 10 euros more per night instead of the 25 euro.

This hotel is listed as a business hotel. For a business hotel, the internet was unusable the entire first day. I got online, and it took me an hour to send three short e-mails responses (I had to wait and wait for the messages to actually be sent.) Then it died completely. I went to the staff, and they insisted it was working, suggesting I should come to the lobby. I showed them it wasn't working, then they realized that their own internet was not working. At this point, the receptionist literally threw up his hands and bluntly told me that the manager would be in at 10:00 AM the next morning, and he would have to take care of it. As a "business" hotel, we need internet. Not having it is unsatisfactory. Aside from business, I check out restaurants on Tripadvisor to make sure we pick good ones, and I could not. Hence, we just picked four at random, and only one was adequate.

As I had no internet, I had to make three toll free calls. The hotel charged 3 euros each for a free call, even if their internet caused the issue.

One reason we picked this hotel is that it supposedly had parking. The hotel has 89 rooms, but less than 20 parking spaces. We had to park out on the road away from the hotel as all the spaces were taken by 6:00 PM.

The hotel website indicates that they have a free shuttle to the nearest metro station. What they fail to mention is that the shuttle does not seem to be available much, and it is only free if you have an upgraded room. For the standard room, you have to pay.

I have never stayed in a four-star hotel nor a business hotel that did not have CNN, CNBC, BBC, or some international news. There was one English-language station that showed standard entertainment series, and that was it. Of course, with the tiny screen, even that one channel was pretty much unwatchable unless you sat at the end of the bed.

On a more minor note, the reservation was supposed to be all inclusive as far as price, but there was an additional three euros per head per night tax added to the bill.

Service was impersonal and even rude. The cleaning ladies were nice, and the early morning receptionist went out of her way to be helpful, using her iPhone to pull some phone numbers off the internet. I wish I had her name as she was a bright spot in this very disappointing stay.

All told, this hotel was extremely substandard for what is was supposed to be. I cannot recommend to anyone that they should stay at the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jonathan B
Hotel_Domidea, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Domidea Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for spending time in writing your impressions about your stay in our Hotel.
Guests opinions are really important for us.
It is a pleasure for us to take care of all the issues you mentioned listing them as follows:

1.Rooms
Our Hotel provides with Standard and Executive rooms.
The first ones are smaller and located on the ground floor, as the Double for Single use you booked; while the Executive rooms are more comfortable, located on the upper floors, as the Double room you choose.
2.TV
We are already planning to change the smaller TV with bigger ones.
3.Luggage assistance
It is a free service that we usually offer.
4.Parking
Our Hotel disposes of a private unguarded external parking subject to availability, and we are located in an area of Rome where people can easily find also free parking outside our property.
5.Breakfast
Most of our Guests appreciate our Breakfast.
Everyday we are careful to offer a wide variety of sweet and salty specialities.
6.Rates
With reference to the difference paid between a Double Room Single Use and a Double Room, the Reception gave a wrong information: there has been confusion with the rate for an additional bed. Soon the colleagues asked the Front Office Manager who gave the right guideline that allow you to pay the right amount.
7.Internet line
Unfortunately during your stay the wi-fi signal was week and internet was not working very well. As you can understand, signal problems may happen for various reasons that often do not depend directly on the structure. It causes also inconvenience in work procedures, therefore, we truly comprehend the discomfort you had. We will take care of your complaint to get in depth into the matter.
8.Restaurants
It would have been our pleasure to give you all information about good Restaurants in our area and downtown, as our Hotel offers a Reception Concierge service all day long, with the aim of meeting the needs of all our Clients.
We are pleased to inform you that our Hotel disposes of a design Restaurant FIL – Food is Love which has very good reviews.
9.Telephone calls
Concerning this issue we really thank you for your reporting, we will verify immediately the proper functioning of the interfaces.
10.Shuttle Service
Our shuttle service is a complimentary service for the Executive rooms, subject to availability and according to a specific timetable.
11.Television channels
As our Guests are international, we provide with one channel for each of the main spoken languages, infact there is a channels list in the rooms. Furthermore, when our Guests have specific requests our Maintener does his best to add the requested channel, if possible.
12.City Tax
It is clearly mentioned that the City Tax is not included in the price of the room on our Official web-site, portals and in all the written confirmations of reservations.

Hoping to have been exhaustive, we wish you all the best.