“Kosher place”

Cesar Palace Guesthouse
Ranked #2,966 of 3,739 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We have planned this Trip from Israel where I work in the costruction field and I met some italian friends who have recommended to visit rome. I really enjoyed my first time in Rome and in Europe. I have been suggested this place by a local member of my costruction company who had been there in the past. I think is good to share a place where u enjoy. I felt the price was particularly convenient given the central location of the place. The place offered useful amenities such as Kosher breakfast in room. Shabbat in Rome was simpler than expected since me and my wife bought all the food and we were allowed to consume it in the kitchen of the place
Breakfast was parve but not halav isroel. ROoms were classic but clean. Overall I enjoyed the city in general and I was astonished by the number of kosher restaurant in the city. The only thing I did not like about the place was the elevator dimesions way small but they told me that rome is old and all elevators are like that

Room Tip: inside view are more quiet, I asked a room change and they allowed it
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Friendly staff and rooms were well looked after and clean. I went for a weekend trip back in April and the staff were friendly and helped me with how to get to the main sites.

Would happily stay there again

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ajt_turner
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The hotel told me I had to give a credit card number to secure my reservation. Then I arrived and the staff told me I had to pay in cash, which I did. Then they billed my card anyway.

The hotel was fine for what I had agreed to pay for it -- it was NOT worth double the price.

My first -- and only -- bad experience on my trips through Europe. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank daniel6290
cesarbedandreakfast, Front Office Manager at Cesar Palace Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2014

Dear Guest,
Is it our procedure to charge the first night as booking confirmation. Then, when the guests arrives at our guesthouse, we always show him the payment receipt and ask him to sign it, both for our and his security, and we end up the check-in process by asking him to pay (either in cash or with credit card) the remaining part of the reservation and the city tax (cash only). That being said, if we would have charged you two times, we would have shown you the receipt to be sing up, and you’d have a chance to check the amount charged and, if needed, contest the balance. If an human mistake has been made during the Check-In process, and you were changed twice, you had the right to notify in order to have a refund. We don’t have any prove such refund request has been made, so far.
Our policy is to do our best in order to meet the needs and satisfy our guests, and we think we did so when we asked you a fee for the room you had that was “fine” in your opinion. We would have loved to solve this inconvenience face to face at the moment of your stay. But we can’t reverse time, so what we can do now is to invite you to visit us again, to provide a better service and make your stay even more enjoyable.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Me and my wife spent a shabbat in august in Rome. As alll of us may imagine agusut is summer and its very hot. The restaurant at least the kosher ones were mostly closed and I had to have the help of Dave the owner to understand where I may have gone to eat kosher. I have sepent most of my trip in restayurant and visiting the historical venues of rome. The place was central and it was fully accomodating for what concerns shabbat meal. The breakfast room was provided to me to eat, all was clean. The owner is a very honest man that told me where he bought the Koshe breakfast so I always went by myself around. Room are quite and the staff melodie is certain.ly a help also in the afternoon. I strongly reccomend it for kopsher and non!

Room Tip: Just choose the superior is 10 euros more but worth it
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Staff was so helpful, made a great vacation. Don't forget to eat at rossopomodoro a pizzeria 2 mins walk from there. The busses are very helpful to reach the center 60,90,62 all go to the needed direction. Be careful for thieves in the 62 bus going to the Vatican, there I have been told that people steal from tourist. The staff was nice enough to suggest my friends and I to visit the Gianicolo space, where you can see the entire sight of Rome at sunset.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Had to stay the first night at another hotel. They sent a booking with my name to the other hotel so the other hotel thought i booked the room, not ok.

When we got the room at cesar the day after everything worked perfect, nice staff and a lovely room. Will def stay her on our next trip to rome.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

As with every review you are asked on the following points : overall, cleanliness, location, rooms, service and value. So overall I gave it a poor reasons... We stayed in room 502, this is located right next to the reception which is actually where you go to eat your breakfast. The room was not like the picture we had wall paper pealing off the wall because of the damp and two beds pushed together to make it look like a double bed room. We were not overly happy with the first impressions seeing as we were told that this was a new hotel bla bla bla you have already read the hotels own description. We entered the lift to the 5th floor where reception is, to find some random chap who speaks very little English on the phone. On the door he was pointing to was a phone number???? Are we meant to phone this for a room or .... Nope didn't understand. About 10 minutes later we were greeted and our documents were checked. So the room (502) the shower overfilled the toilet seat came off and the towels were never changed but this is a 3* guest room, the wifi worked though low at times - unsure why. The tv worked its small but it was fine though don't expect to find many English channels your in rome lol. The air con worked like a charm. The breakfast consisted of a pie a piece of pastry, butter and jam. There was sweetcorn and some hard boiled eggs. We went else where for breakfast as this was unacceptable in my opinion. The location was fine really because everything is reachable by jumping on the metro 6€ per day per person. It took about 5 minutes to walk there and trust me you will be thankful that its not far as your on your feet all day. So to sum up really, this place is ok if your not bothered by where you stay and you just want to crash if your looking for something nice look else where. Oh and the reason we would recommend not having 502, if you want to be intermate with your partner then all can and will hear you. Walls like paper and reception is next door ;). I hope this helps.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Matt T
cesarbedandreakfast, Owner at Cesar Palace Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear Matt,
in certain sense reading your review I realy got fascinated. I think your qualities are the one of a sincere and strong observer. I would like to clarify some points:
1. The guesthouse is in 2 apartments therefore it is obvious that the reception is close to some rooms.
2. The breakfast. we strived to offer a good breakfast although continental and not american as you might have expected.
3. We remember 502 had some issues with the paper attached in the wall we have fixed it and we therefore are glad you signalled it to us.
4. We would like to reinvite you to us without the issue of the room in 502 to our place
thanks for your time and your experience description, you are right we are very central and we strive to improve costantly!