“Comfortable stay in Rome”

Cesar Palace Guesthouse
Ranked #3,085 of 3,779 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Cesar Palace is a fantastic place to base yourself whilst in Rome. Our room (which was cleaned daily) was exceptionally large and clean, and the bathroom was spotless and well maintained. Staff were super friendly and helpful: they went over and above the call of duty to make our one-week stay wonderful. As in most Italian hotels, breakfast is rather quirky, but no less satisfying and filling. Free wifi was very strong in our room plus there is a TV if you somehow find yourself bored. Cesar Palace is located in a great central location, about 20 minutes from Termini Stazione, and well within walking distance to Vatican City and other points of interest. It is also located in a great area for fantastic Italian food, and the best gelatteria is located just around the corner (we became regular customers during out stay!).

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nonina33

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We were in Cesar Palace for a week, with kosher food, and it was excellent!
The staff was warm and accomodating, the room was orderly and clean and relatively spacious, the location is pretty central, and the food was tasty!
We enjoyed our stay very much and warmly recommend it.
Thanks very much to all the employees for the warm attitude and the great service.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed at Cesar Palace Guesthouse last week and it was a great experience. Good location in the city centre. The room was clean and spacious. I liked having a private bathroom, air conditioning and most important - free Wi-Fi! Reception team was friendly and helpful. Ms. Gioia was very kind, professional and happily assisted with all the questions I had on area attractions and points of my interest. Thank you all guys and hope to see you next time I visit Rome!

Room Tip: Go for rooms on higher floors.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I visited Rome for the first time in November, coming from israel and I stayed at Cesar Palace. Upon arrival the staff was very kind and let me check in before the check in time because i was very tired. The room was spacious and extremely clean. Towels are changed every day and rooms are neatly made on a daly basis. After a long walk it was great to get back to that bed. The location was perfect, about 7 buses bring to PORTAPIA. To reach main venues is really easy and afordable with public transportaion. I strongly reccomend this place to everyone who would like to visit rome.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed at Cesar Palace in September and it really made our holiday. The staff was extremely friendly and nice. They helped us to get around, recommended great restaurants you wouldn't find without help of a local and made us feel at home. At my7 next visit to Rome I will definitely come here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for affordable yet beautiful accommodation in Rome. I stayed here for 5 nights. The staff were very kind and helpful. The rooms were clean. It was so refreshing to find a genuinely good hotel after ending up in so many less-than-par places during my travels through Europe. Next time I'm in Rome, I know exactly what hotel I will be staying at again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We spent some days here in October 2012 and found a friendly and helpful staff, always ready to solve any problem that came up.
I want to highlight their honesty and this is why: We forgot an envelope with money in the room's safe and didn't realize till a couple of days later. Our e mail was promptly answered by Franco and he said that they had the money. We sent proof that it was ours ( description of envelope , amount, etc) and arrangements were made for me to get in touch with it.
Breakfast was great with quite a variety of options to choose from and the coffee was awesome.There is a bus stop at the corner but we preferred to walk and were able to see all the main historical sites as we enjoyed the great weather.
The only drawback is that it is a bit difficult to find as it does not have a visible sign outside and you realize you are there when reading the plaques on the door. As I had read about it beforehand, this was not a problem!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple