“Cesar Palace central venue” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cesar Palace Guesthouse

Cesar Palace Guesthouse
Ranked #2,842 of 3,732 Rome B&B and Inns
Cairo, Egypt
“Cesar Palace central venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

I have an been in rome from egypt in my first trip outsider of m country. The atmosfera was Italian very much italian. I have gone there through a booking in a website I made in may. The rooms very good and the breakfast was very different from mine original, it was ok based on caffe and croissant. The bread and fruit were particularly taste. I enjoyed the city and it's past and will try to return

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

I had the chance to visit Cesar Palace and I have been attracted by the fact they offered a friendly service, I was suggested this friend by a friend of mine who lives in Rome. The brices were very good and the owner speaks little arab so it was nice entartaining with him, I got offered a free dessert in the afternoon from a special italian pastry. Ask the manager about it and if you become friend with him he will give you freebe. Dont say you read it !

Room Tip: Ask for it
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

This guesthouse is excellent, it's located very close to many attractions + train station. 1 minute walk to Porto pia bus station. The rooms are clean, breakfast is ok, new towels daily & excellent service. The hotel manager David is an absolute pleasure to deal with ( he even took me around town on his Vespa the night Italy beat Germany in euro) lol...

For the price you really can't beat this place, I've paid much more & stayed at horrible places so I was stunned at how great this place is. Highly recommended!!!'

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Tarek307
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

I have been here in this spring I enjoyed daily cleaning and the friendly service. The breakfast was well exposed but they use plastic stuff. In general they are very central and in quite area of Rome.

I will return!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

I came back from a week's holiday there just last week and firstly found the picture of the B&B confusing as trees were not bar but full of foliage which half filled the pavement. You cannot see the B&B from across the road. The double room and bathroom were fine, but most importantly the safe was not working. Their literature states that there is a safe in every room but I heard from a source that most of them were broken. I asked the receptionist and manager (owner) three times to fix the safe as I didn't want to have to take my valuable out with me, but he didn't bother to do so, nor did he move me. Two days later my handbag was stolen from practically underneath my feet at a cafe galatini in Spagna (the Spanish Steps) which held EU600 euros, mobile, purse and pen. When I mentioned this to the owner/manager (David Zarfati) and asked for some compensation due to the fact that the safe was still brokken, he didn't want to know and said it wasn't his responsibility, although two days later they quickly moved me next door to a room which had a working safe. I was completely disgusted and so was my friend who had joined me from Dublin, but the man was adamant. There were signs in all the rooms saying not to leave any valuables in the room because the hotel would not be responsible for their loss. I can only suggest that if you stay at this hotel make sure you have a working safe and demand another room right away if there isn't. Oh, and one other thing, it is not a 10 minute walk from the B&B to the railway termini - it's more like half an hour and one wouldn't want to walk in the heat to the termini. The number 90 bus will take you there and the bus stop is situated to the right of the B&B. It is true that the cutlery is all plastic and there are only small plastic cups provided for your tea or coffee. The 'fresh' fruit is not always fresh so go and grab something from another table. My friend who had joined me two days later from Dublin was put into a small box room with a double bed. It practically filled the room and had no side tables or bedside lamps. The wall at the head of the bed was dirty where people's heads had rubbed against. The plain walls had been painted with gloss and looked as though they had not been repainted for a long time. On closer inspection of my room I found it to be the same, but I was lucky to have a bed head and bedside tables. One other word of advice, if it's hot in the dining room and they don't turn on the AC, then just open a window like we did and lovely fresh air will come in. The receptionist didn't like the open window and closed it again as soon as we were leaving.

Room Tip: All said above
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Rosalind9634

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

Upon arriving to Rome I had the impression that there a big holiday as traffic jams were intense. I took a taxi to arrive at Cesar it us a while. It was the day prior to the worker holiday=, great period to come to rome.. All parties in the streets especially in Via S. giovanni. Cesar Palace is central and it was located to all parties however it was very quite being in a residential area known as Porta pia. The rooms are new and clean. The bathroom was comfortable and the shower had the right pressure. The breakfast was good but it was served on plastic. I loved the workers very kind people.

Room Tip: ask for internal room for silence
Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Timisoara, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

I traveled in Rome at the end of January and booked a room for Cesar Palace. Basically I was looking for something quite central, but not noisy Termini, something with a private bathroom and within a budget of 150 euro. I found more at this hotel! Great location with access to public transport and within walking distance from everything (I must admit we mostly walked through Rome to and from this hotel). The boulevard is nice and quiet, you can find nice restaurants (world champions for "cut" pizza- al taglio), supermarkets and even a vegetable market behind the hotel.The room was exactly like in the internet pictures and I was very happy with my choice of this hotel.
I strongly recommended for a budget but quality trip to Rome!

Room Tip: If don't want to hear the boulevard, ask for a back view.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple