“Dreadful place- Service with a Snarl”
Review of da Robertino

da Robertino
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
da Robertino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7,854 of 12,357 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Monti
Sydney, Australia
“Dreadful place- Service with a Snarl”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We took our kids here when we were staying in Rome. The waiter treated my very well behaved 5 year old as if she might give him a disease. This was the worst restaurant we went to in Rome. Teh food was also very ordinairy. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Service with a Snarl!!!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Kristina M
Fioridizucca, Direttore generale at da Robertino, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
I'd really be able to remember his face, I would really check if you and your family you were in this restaurant. I have two small children that practically live here with us, it seems to me absurd that children were treated badly. to check!!!
Roberto

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent food and wonderful atmosphere”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We live in the area and found it surprising to find a table at this restaurant, it is usually packed with people. The food was excellent, tasty and well presented. The service was also excellent, attentive and professional. We needed help in our choice of wine and the waitress was knowledgeable, considerate and recommended an excellent wine.

We recommend this restaurant to any one looking for an interesting menu, excellent food, good wine and a lovely ambiance.

• Visited January 2013
Fioridizucca, Direttore at da Robertino, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Great !!!!!!!!
as see you soon
Valentina
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Fantastic value”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I could see what other reviewers mean by the service, but with a smile the waitresses do warm up. But the food was good. I had the set menu, and for 27 euros, itmwas great bang for your bucks. Not only that but it was cooked well. I was surprised to find zucchini flowers at this time of the year but both my partner and I had them for appetizer and the were good. Both my primi were good, firstly the meat and chicken liver spaghetti, then the local pepper and pamaggiana. The spagghetti was perfectly al dente. My scallopine alla romana was average, but that was only a minor let down. We had our young niece with us and she had a perfectly well down sea bass fillet encrusted in potatoes.

• Visited December 2012
Fioridizucca, Proprietario at da Robertino, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for your positive assessment. let you in on a little secret, when is season Zucchini Flowers, in summer, we buy the best flowers from the best companies and then prepare them and freeze them for the winter because it is one of our dishes that customers cannot do without.
Hong Kong, China
“A game of waiting...”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

After hours of wandering around and unsuccessfully trying to get tables at well rated restaurants, we saw the 2011 tripadvisor sign on this restaurant door and went in.

The service as others have commented on was very average. We waited for out menus...waited to order...waited for our drinks & pastas and then the wait to pay the bill was verging on a joke!!

The food: the cheese & pepper pasta was very strong but good. Unfortunately my spaghetti bolognese was tasteless and watery. It was like they had unfrozen the meat sauce...

The bill: ok ?25 for 2 pastas and a bottle of sparkling water.

Fioridizucca, Proprietario at da Robertino, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Hello. I wanted to tell you that you've waited a lot because it was on 31 December ... are really confusing days but usually our service is quick and attentive. Our bolognese tasteless? are you safe?
Leamington Spa, England, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

On our last day in Rome we were walking from theTrevi fountain to Termini and found this lovely restaurant. It was the best pasta we had during our stay, a little more expensive than the restaurants on the main tourist streets but definitely worth it.

• Visited November 2012
Thank you!!!! your review gives me the strength to do more and better.

Been to da Robertino? Share your experiences!