“The highlight of my trip to Europe”

Mocenigo Vatican Suites
Ranked #519 of 3,621 Rome B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California, United States
“The highlight of my trip to Europe”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This has to be one of the best places I have stayed in Europe. It was clean, local to transportation, safe and in a well situated area of Rome. Stores are right there. Vatican is a short walk. Metro is very close. Food abounded. Breakfast was fantastic and the best thing of all was Basil at the front desk. He could not do enough for us! Everything we asked (late Check-in 1:00 am and late check out 3 pm) was no problem. He really was a kind person. I forget my adapter and he allowed me to use his. I lost my room key that was a High Tech gadget and he loaned me his own! I plan to return with my daughter next year. This trip I traveled with two other couples and they felt the same way I do. No wonder it is hard to book into this venue! Best!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rick Q

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed November 18, 2012

we stayed in this hotel/B&B for 3 nights for a visit of Rome. Ideally located about 10 minutes from Vatican city, St Peter, Vatican museum, metro lines and stores.
Staff was very friendly and helpful.
rooms are clean and well maintained.
choice of breakfast (sweet or savoury) served in the room until 10am.
Highly recommended, I willdefinitely check there first for my next trip to Rome.

Room Tip: hotel is very quiet. some rooms are over the street but not noisy at all anyway.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a long weekend in October and had a great time.

The suites are ideally placed for visiting the Vatican and a short walk away from a Metro bus and train stop. It's also a pleasant walk from the centre of Rome if you fancy a little exercise and want to see the sites.

We were very happy staying at the Mocenigo Vatican Suites and recommend it to anyone. Very reasonably priced, clean, good location, local shops and restaurants, breakfast delivered to your room, very friendly and helpful staff - it has everything you need. I honestly can't think of any downsides and would stay here again.

Book a room and enjoy your stay in a wonderful city.

• Stayed October 2012
Littleborough
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary in Rome. This was our first visit to the Eternal city and it is no exageration to say that all expectations were exceeded. The famous landmarks that are so familiar from books, magazines and films are much more impressive as you happen upon them ambling through the ancient streets. People watching from the cafes in the tiny cobbled streets whilst sipping a glass of the house vino is a delight. We chose our accomodation for its proximity to the vatican and we could not have chosen better. It is literally a 5 minute walk. The staff were wonderful, they were on hand whenever needed and nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were clean and comforatable and breakfast was more than ample - served in the room and on time. The price for the accomodation was remarkable given the quality. Thank you to all for a wonderful trip and such happy memories. Will definately visit again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WifeMotherSherpa
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Me and my mom were so pleased with our stay. The staff were very friendly and kind. It was close to the Vatican which we loved and everything else that we needed was close by, including bus tour stops. The room and the bathroom were very clean, we stayed in room the Michelangelo Room. The bed was comfortable! There were breakfast options, Italian or American style, we chose Italian and it was basic, but delicious and fresh nonetheless. It was served to our rooms, which was great! They offered transportation service which was there once we got off the plane. We needed a 4am ride to the airport for our flight when we were leaving which they happily arranged. It was perfect, cannot say a bad thing about our stay there. Would go back next time without a doubt and I would definitely recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mishu11
holon
Reviewed April 14, 2012

The hotel is located very close to Metro and buses. it is very easy and fast to get around Rome. The room is very clean and the staff are pleasant. Breakfirst is served in the room and is fresh and tasty. The room is equiped with many small items that makes your stay better.

Cost performance is exellent and in total I highly recommend the mocenigo for a vacation in Rome

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank avirit
Reviewed January 11, 2012

These B&B style rooms, are just great. Great friendly service. Cleanliness second to none. Breakfast served in the room. Located only five minutes walk from the Vatican Museum. Would go back to stay here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed January 2012