“We had a truly wonderful day with Rudy”

Rudy's Touring Service - Driving & Walking Tours
Ranked #20 of 778 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Rudy is a driver/guide based in Rome.Rudy gives tours from the city of Rome as well as from the ports of Civitavecchia (Rome and surroundings), Naples (Amalfi Coast and Pompeii), Livorno (Florence and Tuscany).Rudy has a diploma in art and is also a fully licensed guide of Rome.He is also fully licensed to take people on excursions, shore excursions and trips anywhere.He has a great team of driver/guide.
Sydney, Australia
“We had a truly wonderful day with Rudy”
Reviewed May 7, 2010

I found Rudy's name and number on the internet and was a little sceptical at first but we had the best day in Italy with Rudy.
He was punctual, the car was immaculate, and he made the best suggestions of where we should go and what we should see. He catered to our every whim and fancy. I would highly recommend his service. We hope to go back to Rome again soon and a day with Rudy will definitely be on out itinerary.

Baltimore, Maryland
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A wonderful day in Rome and Pisa with a charming guide and private mini-van”
Reviewed May 5, 2010

My elderly mother had never been to Italy, and this was the perfect way to experience the highlights of Rome and the Tower of Pisa in comfort and without waiting in lines. In a private mini-van, we left our cruise ship on our own time schedule and sped into the heart of Rome. Our visit to Villa Borghese was perfect, and we saw the monuments and the fountains without waiting in lines. Rudy parked right next to St Peter's Square so my mother (who was ill) could easily walk in. He took us to a quiet restaurant that had delicious food, and then we were off to Pisa and a nice visit to the Tower. Easily back in time for our cruise. It was so much better than a big tour.

Stow, Ohio
“Great Guide for Entire Family”
Reviewed May 5, 2010

We used Rudy's for day tours while on a cruise in Decemeber of 2009. We used his service in Rome and Pompeii/Sorrento. Since we have 4 children ages 18,14,10 and 3 we presented a unique challenge. Rudy found the perfect balance to keep everyone engaged and interested and comfortable. His willingness to be flexible and provide a personalized tour was critical.

In terms of knowledge and expertise everyone we met exceeded our expectaions. Touring the Vatican with Rudy was like a Master's art class. In Pompeii our guide was an archeologist working on the site (we even got access to areas off limits to the general public). In Sorrento our guide treated us like family!

If you can book with Rudy do so now,...then relax, it will be perfecto!

Great Falls, Montana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Mediocre”
Reviewed April 27, 2010

We found Rudy's Touring Service on Cruise Critic and later Tripadvisor. With not much time to see the sights we decided to book a tour of Tuscany and hired Rudy's services based on his reviews. Well it wasn't exactly the best move we made. First of all our guide was late in arriving and instead of just apologizing claimed he had been there the entire time and blamed us for not being in the right place, which really annoyed me. The car itself was clean enough except for a overpowering smell of air freshener obviously used to mask cigarette smoke and my seat belt didn't work. The tour itself however wasn't bad and the guide seemed to know his stuff even if his English wasn't perfect. Overall we saw a reasonable amount in the time we had but for the price paid it was mediocre.

3 Thank starlover123
galleolo, owner at Rudy's Touring Service - Driving & Walking Tours, responded to this review, April 28, 2010
Dear Madam, please let me know the date of the service and wich ship you where(on the review you wrote, it seems that you where on a cruise ship-you also find me on cruisecritics ) and the name of the guide that was with you.
It is curious to know that you didn’mention.
I’m in touch with all my clients and I call them at the end of each service on the phone of my guides to be sure about the quality of the service.
If you really are one of my clients, please let me know the name of the guide, the day of the service and the ship you were.
I’m ready from now to pay you back the cost of the service.
I'm curious to know, because till now, I didn't serve clients on Tuscany's port from the end of december.
My guides don't smoke.
it is hard to belive that someone on late, doesen’t excuse himself and blame you for not being in the right place.
Rudy
connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“best money spent on my vacation!”
Reviewed April 26, 2010

we found rudy's touring service on trip advisor before we went to italy. i was impressed by the amount of 5 star reviews! i wrote to rudy and received a reply the next day. he was very good about answering questions and getting back to me with all the information. i arranged to have a 8 hour day tour of rome. there were 5 adults. my husband, myself and my three daughters all in their 20's. we were met at our hotel promptly by lucca one of rudy's tour guides. we enjoyed spending the day with lucca. he was very informative and knowledgable about all things italian.. not only ruins and museums! he took one of the best family pictures we have from our trip in front of the coloseum. we especially enjoyed his tour of the vatican. he actually spent an extra hourwith us because he wanted to make sure we saw everything in the vatican i had asked about! lucca really made sure he had us see everything we asked him to show us! he was great! i know there are alot of tours in rome. i also know i took the advice of other trip advisor friends when i booked this! i can assure you, you will not be disappointed in the quality of rudy's tours. without a guide, you can walk by everything and not know what you are looking at or its significance. it was worth every penny! enjoy rome.. it is amazing!