“Rome, Florence and everything in between!”

Rudy's Touring Service - Driving & Walking Tours
Ranked #22 of 837 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Rudy is a driver/guide based in Rome.Rudy gives tours from the city of Rome as well as from the ports of Civitavecchia (Rome and surroundings), Naples (Amalfi Coast and Pompeii), Livorno (Florence and Tuscany).Rudy has a diploma in art and is also a fully licensed guide of Rome.He is also fully licensed to take people on excursions, shore excursions and trips anywhere.He has a great team of driver/guide.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My wife and I wanted to experience Rome in a fun and stress free way and we found it. We hired Rudy to take us around the city and show us the sites and were extremely pleased with our experience. So much so, that we hired Rudy to take us from Rome to Florence a few days later (instead of taking the train) so that we could take in the countryside, stop in Sienna and San Gimignano to experience those 2 spectacular sites and then they arranged for the most magnificent private wine tasting at a beautiful vineyard along the way through Tuscany! it was the highlight of our 2 weeks in Italy. Nothing but rave reviews for Rudy and his staff of knowledgeable and very courteous and helpful drivers. We will use them again next time we are in Italy for sure!!

All reviews
in 14 reviews
"major sites"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Best travel decision I've ever made. Everyone kept telling me that you'll need at least four days to see Rome, and with Rudy's help I managed to see it in 8 hours without feeling tired or overwhelmed even once. My boyfriend and I were recommended to Rudy by a friend and the tour did not disappoint. Not only did we see all the standard tourist destinations in Rome (Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, the Vatican and Sistine Chapel, Colosseum, etc) but we learned more with Rudy as our guide than we ever would have alone (at one point he actually scolded me for scanning a descriptive placard at the Vatican!). If you want to see the best of Rome with fascinating factoids at every turn, book this tour. It's private, it's personal, and just when you think your head can't hold any more information, Rudy leaves you alone for as long as you like, to take it all in and enjoy. An amazing experience!

1  Thank Lauren M
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I wanted to do something special for my sister's birthday so I signed up for Rudy to take us around Rome. It was an amazing tour. Not only did we see more of Rome in a day then we could have seen in two weeks on our own we also got a great history lesson in the process. We enjoyed our time so much that we booked him for Florence/Pisa and Napes/Pompeii. The service operates in other cities as well, and is not limited to only Italy. I recommended his service to two other couples on the cruise and when I met up with them again they were happy I had given them the tip because they had a great time on their tour. The tour guides were great and we laughed a lot, plus we got a great history lesson each place we went so we could appreciate what we saw even more. Rudy, Mattaeo, and Franko made our vacation amazing!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Rudy is pleasant and VERY knowledgeable-- an art history major with an architect background, Rudy fully understands his beautiful and historic city-- he spares no details. He studied for years to earn the accreditation to give these tours-- he is well known in Rome and the Vatican. He also fully licensed to take his vehicle all throughout Rome and can personally escort his guests right up to the sites He also tailors the tour to the most important details and information-- not just talking to talk. Plus, his tour starts earlier than the others, so you can actually see most of the attraction without the throngs of people. We took his tour early in our visit, so it really helped get us acclimated to the city. Well worth the investment. Perfecto!

1  Thank christeeney
See more reviews
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I were on a Mediterranean cruise in September, and used Rudy's Tours for our excursion in Rome. We were joined by two other couples and had an incredible day. Our tour - and our guide, Daniel - was by far the best of the four private excursions we experienced on our cruise. He was very fluent, personable, and possessed a great deal of knowledge about the different sites we visited in the city. He made history literally come alive while we were walking through the coliseum, making it a very memorable visit. His efforts to make the day exactly what we wanted really made a difference and surpassed our expectations. We would love to go back again and spend several days with Daniel getting to know the city in depth!