Mario de' Fiori 37
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
Carrozze(Rome)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssister hotelrooftop suitespanish stepsboutique hotelnespresso machine in the roomgreat locationheart of romecomplimentary coffeetrevi fountainguide bookyour doorstepseparate showercobbled streetsa couple of minutes walkour honeymooncentral locationsome great restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We enjoyed staying at this hotel while in Rome. The room was excellent. Nice shower and comfortable bed. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Close to Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain. If you stay here you MUST eat at Babbette's Caffe - Ristorante. Family run and the best food in Rome! Would definitely return to this hotel if in Rome again.

Room Tip: We had a Suite and it was wonderful.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Very cosy small hotel in the very center of Rome. I liked all: service, friendly and responsive staff, room design, location. We stayed in Suite room which was quite spacious (about 30 m) with nice decoration. Definetely come back this place my next visit to Rome.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This hotel is part of the Rome Luxury Suites chain which currently has two other properties in Rome. There is nothing luxurious about this place and neither of the two rooms we booked were suites. They were simply rooms with two (stained) chairs. The property is very run-down - holes in the sheets, mold in the bath/shower, chipped soap dish, a mini bar refrigerator that buzzed rather loudly, stained furniture, rusty screws. All of those things might slide if I'd thought I was going to a three star hotel. But Mario De' Fiori 37 advertises itself as a 5 star and it is far from that. One of our rooms had a bath/shower combo that was impossible to use without flooding the bathroom. The other room had a standing shower which also leaked water into the rest of the (large) bathroom which did have two nice sinks. Additionally, the drain cover in the shower did not stay in place and slid around. I don't know that it was dangerous, but it wasn't comforting. The very worst thing about this hotel is that the mattresses are terrible. I could feel the springs on my body and was totally uncomfortable. My husband's back hurt after one night in the bed.

I was so unhappy with the hotel that I asked to leave after the first night. Unfortunately, the manager did not let us out of our three night contract. To the hotel's credit, the staff was extremely nice in every way. They were receptive to my complaints and offered us apologies, and amenities in exchange for the problems. I appreciated their kindness, but I really just wanted to leave that place.

The location of Mario de' Fiori 37 is excellent, and it was one of the main reasons I booked there. That, and I thought it would be a really nice place. It wasn't only that the hotel was run down, but everything felt cheap. The bathroom amenities were all made in China, not nice Italian products. Again, this would be okay if I were paying 100 euro per night and staying in a three star hotel. I did have a lovely breakfast at the sister hotel, Baubino 181, which looks significantly nicer, but the location is not as good. And given the cheap amenities that the chain provides and what I experienced at Mario de' Fiori, I wouldn't stay there if you're looking for luxury.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Jevenpaz
RomeLuxurySuites, Direttore generale at Mario de' Fiori 37, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

I was glad to hear that you spent such nice words on our staff - thank you.

I am sorry to hear about all your complaints.

None of our clients ever had such heated issues and this is why our hotel has such high rankings on Trip Advisor.

As I informed you we decided to adhere to our cancellation policy and that we would not to give you a refund as you had pointedly asked.

I am sorry to see you went ahead with your promise of a bad review after your requests were not met.

No hard feelings - If you decide to come back to Rome and try one of our other structures please let me know and I will personally see that your stay will be a successful one.

Alberto Moncada

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This small hotel, tugged away near the Piazza di Spagna, at Mario de Fiori is a gem. Superb, quiet location, well appointed, spotlessly clean rooms and generous size bathrooms, friendly and helpful personnel, knowledgeable and discerning concierge service. Wifi. Every room with a Nespresso machine and a large selection of pods. Breakfast at the nearby sister hotel Babuino, about 10 min walk. For the discriminating traveller who prefers small hotels.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Loved my recent stay at Mario de Fiori 37. This little boutique hotel has it all - great location, great rooms and great friendly & helpful service.
The location - close to the Spanish Steps and just moments away from great shopping, all the major sites within walking distance and some great restaurants nearby (take one of the hotel's many recommendations).
The rooms - we stayed in a junior suite - are lovely. They are well appointed, have a great shower & separate bath, lovely bathroom supplies (the nicest ones of the trip) and the bathrobes and nespresso machine are a nice touch. My only complaint is the king size bed is actually two beds stuck together - seems to be a common issue in Italy..
Service was very helpful - organising taxis, tours and getting recommendations was done in a friendly and helpful way.
And.. The local booklet provided by the hotel owner is a little gem!
Highly recommended boutique hotel

Room Tip: The junior suites are great!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple