“you get what you pay for” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bed & Breakfast Prince Inn

Bed & Breakfast Prince Inn
Ranked #3,274 of 3,732 Rome B&B and Inns
Copenhagen, Denmark
“you get what you pay for”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2011

There are some spoiled young American girls who complains about this place for no reason. They think, that at one of the cheapest accommodations in Rome, they may require help to carry the baggage. ...and: "host spoke almost no English" - so what - you're not home.
"The floor var dirty" (no, it was not) "and there was all Kinds of bath products and towels strewn about from people living there ". (of course - you share the bathroom with others) "The kitchen is dirty (no it is not) "and the refrigerator was full of rotten food and garbage "(check your own photos! i did not se that)" it is also in a terrible neighborhood and we were afraid to Leave there at night. "You should have stayed home in the States. This is an area of Rome where there are many Chinese. It is interesting and thankfully not a tourist trap, and least of all insecure.
The bed & breakfast is very cheap, but it is clean, the chinese hosts are friendly and flexible and as discreet as Chinese people are usually.
There is a supermarket 300 meters to the right, when you leave, and also on the right and first street on the right again and 50 meter, there is an italian family-restaurant, i recommend.
Free wifi

Room Tip: If you want a basic clean place to stay
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank svenjoergen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2011

Very hard to find this place walked past at least 4 times before noticing a , small label next to a buzzer on a block of flats. Clean room with comfortable bed and free use of computer with internet. Worth the price we paid at under 20 euros a night. Bathroom was clean if a bit small and shared with the family living there. Owner nice and spoke fair english. If you are after a nice hotel in Rome I wouldn't advise staying here but if you are travelling on a budget and just looking for a place to sleep close to the centre of Rome then this house is worth the money.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2010

This "bed and breakfast" isn't really a bed and breakfast at all. I honestly think this is an Asian family's house and they just rent out the room because the two other rooms were occupied by people who looked like they were living there. The host spoke almost no English. We got there and he charged my credit card before we saw the room and I have been trying to get my money back ever since because we checked out and did not stay even one night there. There was no air conditioning, the bathroom was DISGUSTING. It was dirty and the drain clogged with someone's hair. The floor was dirty and there were all kinds of bath products and towels strewn about from the people living there. The kitchen was dirty as well and the refrigerator was full of rotten food and garbage again from the people who lived there. The beds were dirty and we didn't want to sleep on them. It is also in a terrible area and we were afraid to leave there at night. Bottom line: NEVER STAY HERE.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank rsabo

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

firenze
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2010

very nice bed and breakfast! good location, metro is very close. nice rooms, very quiet. unlike many other hostels it's small and personal. and a very good price!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2009

The instructions that were given to find this Bed & Breakfast were extremely unhelpful. Not even the locals could find it and many other guests there agreed that they wasted a lot of time trying to locate the Prince Bed & Breakfast. While carrying everything I owned, I was wiped out-in pain- by the time I got in. (I was lucky that someone who lived in that apartment building let me in) When we called the manager, no one came down to help me with my things or show me the way. I was first placed in the wrong room and after this was corrected, I discovered that although the room looked made, the trays in the shower were not clean, sheets had crumbs and hair and the shower drain was clogged so when I showered, water filled the entire room up to the entry door. The internet was in Chinese. That night and every night to follow, the couple's son would come and yell as loud as his sweet lungs would allow. They basically had playtime right outside my door. I was upset, hungry and tired but this was my vacation and it was too late to change accommodations given I could only afford to visit Rome for 3 days. So I tried to start over the next morning. I let the host know about the water and she huffed off as if it was my fault. When I asked for replacement towels, since I paid for a double, she said, “I do not see any boyfriend.” After I politely reiterated my request despite her rudeness, I received the towels but she did not provide new ones the next day. Breakfast was a spread of plastic wrapped 1 Euro store pastries and there was no room to sit sometimes since she was often entertaining other visitors not staying at the B&B Prince Inn. I'm thinking, "Just eat it, right? You paid 170 something Euros for this!" (Do you know what that is in USD?) In the morning and late at night, the kitchen was locked since she would have relatives/friends staying there at night so you could not use the kitchen or access your food. The only reason someone would stay here is if it was FREE, they brought camping supplies & food and they did not need a shower. I do not recommend paying for this. Visiting Rome deserves a good night and breakfast. One note: Giulia/Julia was not an unfriendly person and I think the others who gave this place high reviews probably paid a lot less and were more gracious for this reason. Its better than sleeping outside, right? I paid via venere.com and for double with private bath.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Agirl_8
Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2009

Stayed here 4 nights. The room was large and the whole place was very clean. Giulia, the host was very nice providing a nice, and very sweet, breakfast. There are a few rooms and a couple of bathrooms. The 'fully equipped' kitchen, isnt really that equipped at all. No microwave or oven. Just a few elements on the stove top and a couple of plates and saucepans. However we did manage to cook there, and it saved alot on eating out everynight!
The free interent and provided computers in each room are great, as when you return to the place, you are really just confined to your room (as there is no lounge room, or common room).
Overall a good cozy place, and for the cost (we got our double room for under 40 euros a night) you cant go wrong.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2009

We spent 6 days here with my parents, sister and brother-in-law. We used 3 of the 4 bedrooms, so it was almost like renting an apartment. We had 2 bathrooms to share. The other room has its own bathroom. We used the kitchen to make cup-o-noodles for dinners from the store downstairs. The apartment is in a big Italian apartment building. It was clean and just right for us. We couldn't find anything cheaper and it was much nicer than a hostel would have been! Each room had it's own computer and there was also wi-fi for our laptops. The location was fabulous. it was 2 min walk to the metro, the street car is out front and there's buses to the Colosseum at Manzoni (7-10 min. walk). Italy's first gelato place is 1 block down the street (Fassi). It's only 1,50 for a small cone with 3 flavors and the small ranged from large to gigantic! And during winter there's specials, so we got 1/2 price one day! We felt fine in this part of town, but probably not everyone would. The breakfasts were better than the other hotels we stayed at in Italy. There 6-7 pre-packaged sweet breads (filled croissants, fruit tarts, cakes, etc.), toast, yogurt, fresh fruit and she made us cappuccinos each morning. The kitchen is small but usable. It's sparsely equipped, but helped us save money on food. We would definitely return!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family