“Not a good experience”

Ristorante Ciao Bella
Ranked #9,356 of 12,165 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Ludovisi / Via Veneto
Perth, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not a good experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Service was very poor. Food was very average. When we got the bill they charged us twice for the drinks including a bottle of wine €43 and hand wrote a tip of €30 which we did not pay. Disgusting. So an overcharge of €100 , the waiter said it was the computer. Such a shame because we went to gran caffe Roma the night before and was great service, (which is near Ciao Bella) and the food and service was great and cheap. Beware of the restaurants enclosed with glass.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Gavish

• Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Fort Worth
“We loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

My husband & I ate here on June 12, 2014. We ran into this place while searching for something to eat. Now, you have to remember that I am a picker eater so my husband usually let's me pick where we eat so I can find something. The waiter sat us near the entrance of the box car like restaurant. We had 2 salads, I had the ravioli with spinach & cheese (delicious) & my husband had the spaghetti carbonara. The service was great, the atmosphere was lovely, price was reasonable & we did not encounter any issues. I would seek this place out again if we were in the area. Happy Eating!!

1 Thank mrsslovestotravel
“An unpleasant experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

We decided to eat here based on the appearance and location, however it was quite disappointing. Though the Marinara pizza was good, the Vegetarian pizza was too cheesy, bland, and the vegetables seemed to be just thrown on at the end. The food was not good value for money at all. The wifi didnt work (they gave us the wrong password!?) and the seating arrangements on the pavement are uncomfortable as they are on a steep slope. The worst part was the extremely high service charge and the cheeky handwritten request for a tip -- overall we were not happy at all and wouldnt recommend this restaurant.

2 Thank Umair A
Sydney
“Would Not Recommend”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Yes, the restaurant looked lovely - and was busy so we thought it would be a good place for lunch. Wrong! We normally check the amount of the service charge before we go into a restaurant but this was not listed on the outside menu. This should have been a warning to us and we should have kept walking. It was only when we were seated that we saw, only on the menu given once you are safely inside, that the service charge was 12% of the bill. Ouch! In addition, bread was 2 eur per person for 2 small slices. At least we did get a laugh at the end of our meal when we saw the note presented with the bill suggesting an additional tip. As if! And also their wine was horrendously expensive compared to other places where we have eaten in Rome. Give this place a miss.

1 Thank ElleSydney
glen ellyn
“Good pizza, suspicious billing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

I gave this place a star for the pizza. When I got my bill, the server asked for a tip. I pointed out there was a service charge included. He said it was for "the house" and not for him. I thought the price of the meal was for "the house." Personally, if I'm going to sell my soul to the devil, it will be for more than a few euros.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank mudfoot

Been to Ristorante Ciao Bella? Share your experiences!