“Should have read the reviews first”

Ristorante Ciao Bella
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Ristorante Ciao Bella is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9,344 of 12,469 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, International
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ludovisi / Via Veneto
Houston, Texas
“Should have read the reviews first”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

For our last night in Rome we opted for a streetside dinner near our hotel. This place was busy so we gave it a try. The wait staff seemed to be on auto pilot, delivering a glass of bad spumante when we sat down. Then they literally disappeared. We saw them chatting outside on the sidewalk. When we finally were able to order, our shared place of calamari was excellent. We opted for a second course of seafood risotto, which contained one shrimp in the entire dish, along with other indistinguishable seafood. The limited wine list was far over priced. We escaped as soon as we could. Yes - they charge 2 euros for bread! They also padded the bill with a service charge they claimed was tax.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank FRISBEES

• Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Hagondange, France
“Service & food absolutely disaster, 23/05/14”
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I went to that restaurant, looking for a nice italian cooking, but what a mistake!! We ordered 2 courses each, as a first course we had raviolis which was simple but nothing to complain..and suddenly came the main course which was a calf escalop, I have to tell you that is was simply a disaster..it consists of a slice of calf meat which in my opinion was overcooked topped with ham in a watery clear sauce, I'll let you imagine the taste of that meal, no garniture at all we had to order fries that we paid 12 euros. Cherry on the cake, let's talk about the waiter who was in charge of us..
Very abrupt character, for his description I would say quite tall and bald.. Negligent with the service, doesn't know how to open a bottle of wine.... At the end of the dinner the check came and I was asking why the bread was charged on the bill...he said "c'mon it's only 2 euros", as I replied "it should be included" he goes " this is your point of view, some people are dying in the street and it's not fair neither" I didn't get the sense of his answer...finally we paid 120 euros for absolutely no service, not good food at all, arrogant and rude waiter. To let u know guys that I highly DO NOT recommend this "restaurant" what I call a canteen.

Cheers

2 Thank Israel G
“Great pizza”
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Ate here for dinner and had a lovely pizza diavola and a nice time at the restaurant. Our waiter was very fun and loud. I really am amazed to see the poor comments on here about it! The pizza was good and the service was adequate. Didn't expect anything more or less.
Watch out the tip is already included. Although I would have given as much as was included. That's kind of disappointing.

1 Thank Ryan M
Bellshill, Scotland
“Average prices for food total ripoff for drinks!!! Beware”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Prices of food was comparable with other restaurants in that area, which we had eaten in. Quality was fine. However prices of their alcohol and soft drinks were hugely inflated in comparison to the surrounding Bars, Bistros and Restaurants, even in comparison to the more expensive hotels!! Go next door to Suggestums.

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Dreadful”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Don't be fooled by the lovely looking restaurant .Staff more interested in their mobile phones than service .Worst meal in Rome .We arrived and were made to wait 20 mins ,with a drink ,before we even got a menu. we ordered one starter and,two mains only to be served one starter and one main as a starter because the waiter decided it would be impolite for my wife to sit without a starter! Her veal looked grey and in a glutenous unpalatable sauce not what she thought she ordered .To be fair the staff changed her meal without question by which time I had finished my starter only to sit and watch my wife receive and eat her main while I sat waiting for my main to arrive .needless to say I ate alone when my meal eventually arrived .
Don't bother