“One of the best in Rome”

Gelateria dei Gracchi
Ranked #32 of 779 Dessert in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Prati
Rome, Italy
“One of the best in Rome”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Ice cream in Rome is great in many places.. but here is super! Not a huge selection of tastes but all very very nice. I 'm going there very often.

Visited July 2012

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
“best ice cream I have ever had...”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stood at the entrence for opening, as they opened their doors everything was ready and tasty... Went there with my family, they have over 20 coices to fill your cone and each has different taste you can not experience anywhereelse... Will definately recommend and may even visit Rome just to go there...

• Visited September 2012
Poznan, Poland
“Worth a visit.”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This tiny, inconspicuous gelateria is hidden from the touristic craziness of Rome - it's about 15-20 minutes on food from Vatican, but it is definitely worth the hike.

From my point of view, this was the best ice cream I had while in Rome. Pistacchio flavour is a killer!

No more pointless writing, just go and give it a try.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Maria M
Roma
“The best ice-cream in Rome”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

In this gelateria you will not find 100 flavours, usually they are around 15 because they are done with FRESH SEASONAL FRUITS. All ice-creams with nuts are full of real crashed nuts. Amazingly tasting, absolutely recommended!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank ElenaRoman
Captiva Island, Florida
“Intriguing Flavors & Polite Service”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

In February 2012, I stopped by Gelateria dei Gracchi, only to find a note on the door reading, "Chiuso per Maltempo"...yes, this was the week of the BIG snowstorm in Roma, but (in my opinion) cold weather is the best time to test the merits of ice cream (slow meltage factor, leads to a cleaner, more pure tasting). I returned the next night, to find the business open and most of the display cabinet having fresh product in it, so I took the chance and walked in, knowing I could still, at any time, wrinkle up my nose at the stuff and be on my way.
At first glance, the flavors intrigued me...flavors outside of the "normal" way of gelati, and not in a bizarre way either...simply put, these were carefully thought out combinations (ie, Meringue & Pistachio, Dates & Walnuts, Pinenut with Honey). I take my time and, after their other customer has left (with a medium sized container of their favorite 2 flavors), I select the smallest cup and choose the Zabaglione and also the Ricotta with Pear. I paid for my gelati and sat on one of the couple of wooden benches they have within the tidy shopfront. The ricotta gelato was indeed very good, with the star attraction being the addition of bits of carmelized pear. The Zabaglione had a flavor just a bit too delicate to stand up that night. As it was still snowing outside, it was a quiet night for business. However, while I was there, a man came in and purchased the largest d'asporto container dei Gracchi offers, and had four flavors put into it. If he had turned and asked me to go home with him, I just may have agreed.
The young man behind the counter that evening was clean in appearance, polite in manner, and graciously accomodating when I asked him, in my broken Italian, if I could take some photos of the business.
I recommend Gelateria dei Gracchi for their unique (and traditional) flavor selections...I have made notes to on my next visit try the Limone, Nero-Grand Marnier, and the Pignoli flavors.

• Visited February 2012