BBQueen
$482
$566
$401
  • Breakfast included
Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori(Rome)
$223
$225
$321
$303
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbb queenb btrain stationsmall courtyardpastriesclose to terminicentral locationluggageunitlaundryhop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed in March 2013 for 4 days. Excellent B&B, modern newly decorated rooms and a very friendly host. Located at an inner courtyard so there is little noise from the street. Some noise from neighboring restaurant but this didn't disturb us too much (no noise during the night). We definately recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2013

When I'm passing through Rome - only staying a couple of nights before catching a flight - I don't want to stay far from Termini Station. From now on I'm going to try to book at the BBQueen before I look elsewhere! Good location, short, level walk to and from Termini (if I had more than one piece of luggage I'd take a taxi), very comfortable room, good breakfast. Julia was a treat!

The rooms (very 21st century) all look out onto a courtyard - so the sleep was great! The air conditioning was just what I needed in Rome in early June.

I've already recommended the BBQueen to friends.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank theCrankyProfessor
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I are frequent B&B travelers and this is one of the best experiences we have ever had. Julia is a charming, wonderful host with lots of practical and helpful information that made our vacation in Rome that much more productive and special. I booked our reservation at BBQueen because of the positive comments on Trip Advisor and I more than agree on all counts. I just had to post my own review letting people know that a fantastic time you will have here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CMGray
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed in the BBQueen during the summer, and we loved it. We were a bit apprehensive about the location, being so close to the Termini, but the area around BBQueen is fine. Julia provided us with a map and several suggestions for our stay. There were some great small takeaway restaurants nearby, and the courtyard within the B&B's front gate was very picturesque--this seems like a very romantic, Italian place. The property is exceedingly clean, breakfast was wonderful each morning, and everyone was friendly.
The only downsides were 1) the air conditioning is not your typical American air conditioning (at least it wasn't in our room, when we stayed in '11). It is more of a fan, and does not remove the moisture from the air; we experienced some pretty warm sleep, but when in Rome...2) the other downside is that this is a bit of a hike to the main Rome attractions, but we enjoyed the walk, and again, the Termini is nearby (though we didn't want to ride after dark). Those were small things (just so others are aware), and overall, I highly recommend the BBQueen. We would definitely stay here again on our next trip to Rome.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I had to do a lot of looking around to find BBqueen because I really wanted to stay in a small hotel in Rome and not a big chain hotel. Most of the B&Bs and small hotels seemed over priced and had bad reviews. This is what makes the BBQueen such a great find. First of all it's on a quiet street a short walk from Roma Termini and very close to a metro station, but we only used the metro once and just walked everywhere.

The rooms are clean and simple. There appear too be only three so it's not a busy place and Julia just gives you a set of keys so you can come and go as you please. The breakfast was simple continental, normal for Europe but they also had cereal and yogurt and of course capiccino!

Julia was really helpful, particularly with figuring out where to eat. It's amazing how difficult it is in Rome to find a good Italian restaurant, there's just so many tourist traps out there. She also took the time to really check around on the train situation, as we needed to get to our cruise ship.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple