“Location and cleanliness”

Cuscino e Cappuccino
Ranked #282 of 3,712 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Great location, safe and quiet and clean, in walking distances to major buses and metro stations, couple of blocks from the Vatican. Paolo, the owner, very interesting personality, friendly and chatty, speaks perfect Spanish and English on top of Italian. The room does not have Wifi, and we needed to confirm a tour booking, Paolo checked for us and even offered and called the tour company to clarify for us some information, very gracious host.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Cuscino e Cappuccino

Reviewed September 30, 2011

My husband and I stayed in the B&B Cuscino e Cappuccino - Rome San Peter from Sept 4th to 8th, 2011. Paolo is a fantastic host, he arranged for a taxi on our arrival. He was very helpful in suggesting places to visit and when to go. Thanks to that we avoided the lines at the Vatican and Coliseum. He also made reservations to the Galleria Borghese. The pizza place he recommended was fabulous. We walked everywhere and it was very nice to get back at night to the B&B and be able to have a tea/coffee/ juice. Location: Great, the Vatican is a few steps away and the Metro is only a few blocks. Breakfast: Juices, yogurt, breads for toast, sweets, coffee, warm milk and bottles of water in the fridge. Room: clean, quiet, comfortable, and secure (English channel TV). We will definitely stay here again and we don’t hesitate to recommend it to anyone visiting Rome. A couple from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Paolo arranged for a pick up from the airport to his address which was wonderful especially after such a long flight which was late getting in.He advised us on what to see and do in Rome and the icing on the cake was a very special trip just south of Rome.Our trip to Rome was made extra special because of Paolo. The rooms in his B&B were very clean, safe and comfortable also very quiet even though its on a busy street. The location of Cuscino Cappuccino is excellent just a few hundred meters from the Vatican and a couple of blocks from the subway and walking distance from just about anywhere you wanted to go.Besides being very very satisfied with this B&B . Paolo was what made everything exceptional.Such a personable guy, willing to go out of his way to make things nice. Thank you so much.

Room Tip: All three rooms are very nice. one has two single beds which really isn't a problem
Reviewed July 26, 2011

My wife and I had the good fortune of staying at the Cuscino e Cappuccino Bed and Breakfast for a 5 night period in June 2011. Our host Paolo was absolutely great. He arranged a van to pick us up from the Airport and also for any tours we desired. He was always available to show us where to go , what to see and where to eat in Rome. Breakfast was always good. Juices, yogurt, and water in the fridge, breads for toast, sweets, and great coffee with warm milk. The bed and breakfast is about a block from Vatican City so it is a short walk. We would highly recommend this B&B to anyone visiting Roma.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights after spending 4 nights in a 5 star hotel in Florence. She was apprehensive about staying here after such posh treatment but I sold her on it as it allowed us room in our budget to hire guides to see the wonders of Rome. We were both glad that we did. Paolo is friendly and respectful and gave us several great tips on how to enjoy Rome inexpensively. The room is exactly as pictured - clean, quiet and comfortable. The location is great - right next to the Vatican (as in hundreds of yards away) and right next to the Metro. It is not a five star experience but I give it 5 stars because I can't imagine getting more for the money. If we had to do this over we would have spent 3 nights in Florence and 4 nights in Rome. Florence is beautiful and Gucci but ridiculously expensive. Rome is a grittier but warmer and filled with an unbelievable amount of history and charm. When we come back we'll stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2011

This is a fantastic B&B just around the corner from the vatican.

Paolo was an excellent host who was there to welcome us on our first evening when we arrived late.

The rooms are of a good size and extremely clean. The rooms offer up free air conditioning and have the most fabulous black out windows. You can close the windows, which kills the outside noise completely and relax. Breakfast is ample. There is a choice of yoghurts, cereals, juice, pastries and toast. Table always set up each morning. The breakfast area is quite intimate, but we were lucky enough not to have to share the table at breakfast time.

Eating out is quite expensive, however there is a restaurant directly across from this B&B which is much cheaper than a lot of the places around. We went back there several times as we were tired of getting ripped off everywhere else. The salads are to die for. They come in massive bowls with heaps of topping and all for around 8 eruros. I paid 12 euros elsewhere for a bowl of green lettuce and two spoonfuls of prawns.

I would definitely recommend this B*B and having stayed at another one on my previous stay in rome it is far superior.

Definitely stay here again
Paul & Amanda

Reviewed June 16, 2011

This was my first visit to Rome and I stayed at the Cuscino e Cappuccino B&B. This little B&B is run by its owner Paolo whom I found to be exceptionally friendly, helpful and he really went beyond the call of duty to accomodate my needs, answer all my questions and provide me with information. My room was lovely, modern, the bed very comfortable and everything was super clean. The B&B is located conveniently just around the corner from the Vatican City so I walked absolutely everywhere. I had an amazing time and it was partly because I was so well looked after by Paolo. I definitely recommend staying there and I hope to go back soon. Marketa (London)

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo