“Easy location, excellent hospitality”
Review of Alchimia B&B

Alchimia B&B
Ranked #1,555 of 3,668 Rome B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Easy location, excellent hospitality”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

First of all this place is adorable! Well appointed, comfortable, sparkling clean, and all the amenities a traveler wants like WiFi and T.V (hard to find in B&B’s). Isabella, the owner couldn’t have been more kind and helpful. She took time to tell me about the neighborhood, and point out near-by places of interest and good places to eat. It turns our Alchimia is not that far from the brand new EATALY! Definitely indulge there!

Maybe the best party was that getting around was SUPER EASY–the bus that goes right into the center of the city literally STOPS IN FRONT of Alchimia, it was awesome! Not needing to use the subway was a treat. Also, down the street is a sweet little piazza and some amazing local restaurants that had no tourists and made me feel like I was living a piece of authentic Rome.

I’ve spent a lot of time in Rome, and stayed in a lot of crumby, super expensive places, this was a welcome discovery and I will absolutely be returning to Alchimia on my next trip!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I can't say enough about this gem we had the pleasure of staying in. There wasn't anything I can think of that we went without. The neighborhood was quiet and charming! Away from the loud and crowded tourist usual, but close enough to the city center just minutes away by bus or metro. The bus actually stops at the front door. The room was spotless and very comfortable. A/C was great. Bed was awesome! The kitchen had everything you would need. Coffee, milk, juice, cereal, toast and jam were all there waiting every morning. A computer with internet access was always available plus wireless for our own. Maps, books, converters, bathroom essentials, extra blankets, pillows were all right there. All this aside, the best thing abut our stay at the Alchimia was Isabella and Antonio! Both were extremely helpful and kind and experts on the beautiful city of Rome. Weather there on business or pleasure, hit this place for sure. A+++ Isabella and Antonio!! We'll see you every time we are in Rome!

Dan and Brian
Ann Arbor & Kalamazoo Michigan

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Wellington, Colorado
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This B&B is off the beaten path in a good way. There are some great very local places to eat with in walking distance. The bus stops right in front and goes to down town, very easy to use. Many of the people in this part do not speak much english, but are very nice. Clean place. The breakfast left a little to be desired, but the kitchen is well equiped to make whatever you want. The owner Isabella is amazing, so helpful, nice, friendly, she even made us a home made cake!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2012

This B&B is a lovely place to stay as it is quiet, safe and the locals are friendly & helpful.
Isabella is welcoming and you get exactly what you see in the picture including a nice continental breakfast. I stayed in the twin room with my friend which was spacious, clean and modern.

Thanks Isabella

Room Tip: The directions to the hostel by train and metro are simple if you follow the instructions given. Ho...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This B&B was very clean and very cozy. The owner is extremely nice and friendly and showed us great places to check out in Rome. Towels are provided and there is tea, coffee, cereal and home made cakes (which were delicious!!!) in the kitchen!
The only reason I don't give this a 5 * is location. Good news is the bus is right outside and connects you to the core areas of Rome in 30 minutes and bus to Subway is 10 min. Bus seemed to come every half hour, bad news is the 30 min bus ride. For us we like to be able to go back to our room and freshen up after a day of trekking around and the distance was a bit of a pain.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andiashamalla
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I travel to Rome for business quite a bit and Alchimia is my overseas apartment. Rooms are modernly furnished and gracious. Clean, large and comfortable with color that is a treat for the eye. Cozy breakfast nook for that morning caffeine jolt! I like that there is easy access to the bus and Metro, while being a five minute taxi ride outside of the ancient walls. If large hotel chains make you feel as if you are still in the US, then this is the choice for you!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I came to Rome, to visit my Aunt but she couldn't afford to let me sleep at her's 'cause she's not doing well at the moment.
I arrived with my mother and my litlle LauraMaria who is 4 years old and very shy. She has never been abroad. At the B&B Alchimia I found a pleasant family like environment where everyone was very warm and friendly. The rooms are very cleen and they got everything you need. I could even choose for a personalized breakfast! And also, the place is very close to downtown and the rates are the most affordable ones in the city of Rome. Wi-Fi connection works very well and TV set and climatization are excellent!
Isabella: my sister with her husband in March are coming to Rome, and according to what my experience with you has been, she definitely wants to sleep at your place. Kisses, Olivia!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family