Hotel Best Roma
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$646
$482
$566
$401
  • Breakfast included
Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori(Rome)
$223
$225
$321
$303
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstram lineminute walknearest metropastriesshort breakrooms are smallboiled eggswould stay here againcontinental breakfastmini barbusy roadstayed here for nightsthe breakfast areasight seeingmain attractionscentre of romearound the corner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We traveled to London, Paris and Rome on this vacation. Out of all 3 of the hotels, Hotel Best Roma was the best. The room was large and nicely decorated. It was across from a terrace that we could sit out on. When we first arrived, the hotel staff asked if we wanted them to tell us about Rome. They gave us a map and circled all the areas of interest, telling us the best way to get to each place. They also gave us a restaurant recommendation which was right down the road and had amazing food. The restaurant gave us a few extras and took a little off our check. Overall it was amazing experience with wonderful, friendly staff. If you go to Rome, this is where you should stay.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor which was right near the terrace.
2  Thank Gina B
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Clean and comfortable. Lovely breakfast room with lots of variety. Walking distance to a great metro system in Rome. Two nights Nov 14&15. Excellent customer service by David on the morning desk!! Incredibly helpful with metro and train schedules. He helped us with train information to Civitavettchia to catch our cruise ship as well as getting to sites to visit and wonderful options for restaurants in the area. We'd go back there for sure!!

1  Thank trellis c
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights with my boyfriend, and all I can say is wow. It was the perfect place to stay while we were visting Rome.
The hotel is very small, yet extremely elegant. The staff were helpful and willing to any answer questions we had. The hotel always felt clean and made up. The breakfasts were what I expected for a small hotel.
The only negative thing I could say about this hotel is the location. It is located in what seems to be "downtown," so we had to take cabs everyday into the "touristy areas."

1  Thank ShovalD
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We booked our trip through Virgin Vacations. We selected this hotel from a list of available hotels and we were not disappointed with our choice. The staff was very professional and polite. They helped us successfully navigate our way though the city in three days. They also recommended a restaurant that we feel in love with. We found the daily breakfast to be adequate. Additionally, we found the rooms to be extremely clean. The bed was comfortable. Although the bathroom was really small, the room was a decent size. We stayed here in September so the weather was still balmy. The air conditioner worked great. I was a little concerned about the neighborhood from prior reviewers but we didn't encounter any problems as two women traveling alone. The graffiti on the buildings made the neighborhood looked worse that it really was. We didn't think the Termini Station was within walking distance, however, it was about a 8 min bus ride away. I only had two complaints with our stay. The only English speaking television station was BBC. I didn't come to Rome to watch television but we were in our room by night and it would have been nice to unwind from a day of sightseeing by watching television. Who wants to be reminded of all the problems of the world on vacation? Lastly, there wasn't free Wi-Fi in the room/hotel. It was a nominal fee but REALLY! Despite my two complaints, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jackieb407
Reviewed November 4, 2013

WE recently stayed at the Hotel Best Roma for four nights in October. I will say this, the things the hotel can control they did very well. The staff at the front desk knew the city well and were great in giving us tips on how to get there and were unfailingly patient in answering questions of both my wife and myself. I can't say enough good things about the staff, especially the evening manager.The maintenance staff also kept the lobby and common areas spotless and did a nice job on our room as well. I know some other reviews complained about breakfast, but really this was fine also, i have no complaints at all about breakfast.
As far as things the hotel can't control, like the neighborhood and room size it is what it is. the neighborhood is neither romantic nor wonderful to look at, but it is not unsafe either. we walked around a lot at night and never felt uneasy at all, the hotel is also along the bus line and tram line and only a few blocks from the metro stop.
My real complaint is with the room and this is nothing the hotel can really do much about. It is very small, literally a bed which takes up most of the room, there is little furniture in the room, becuase there is no space for it.There was a desk with a couple small drawers, but honestly there was really no place for my wife and I to place our clothes and we had to simply create a clean clothes suitcase and dirty clothes suitcase because we had no place to put our clothes.
there was a small closet which contained a safe and only had three hangers ( i guess this is something they could have done something about)
I know the hotel has a four star rating, but this is Italy not the USA and Italy's rating system leaves a lot out. Hotels with four ratings in the US usually have swimming pools, full service restaurants, fitness rooms and conference rooms. This hotel had none of those things. it had an outdoor patio where you can eat your breakfast and free wifi. Those are your amenities.
I know my review is long, but I tried to take the time to give an extensive and balanced review of the place.
If you want a clean place to hang your hat with a freindly staff, this is your place. if you are used to US style hotels with lot of room space and the amenities you would expect with a four star hotel, then you will be disappointed.

Room Tip: WE slept okay, but the rooms facing the street (Porta Maggiore) can be very loud since the tram and buses run by it. if you are a light sleeper ask for a room not facing the street.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple