Hotel Best Roma
$171
$152
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
All reviewstram lineminute walknearest metropastriesshort breakrooms are smallboiled eggswould stay here againcontinental breakfastmini barbusy roadstayed here for nightsthe breakfast areasight seeingmain attractionscentre of romearound the corner
Reviewed November 22, 2012

The hotel was within walking distance of the Colusseum and it's possible to walk to the rest of central Rome, but there's also metro stations close by. Our room was lovely, although we had a little noise from the main road. The reception staff were really helpful and friendly. The breakfast was not quite 4 star though. Overall it was a really good hotel for the price we paid on lastminute.com.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I booked this hotel on lastminute.com as a secret hotel deal. It sounded great from the description. When we got there the receptionist spent 10 minutes on the phone whilst I waited to be served. I was just about to end his conversation early when he finally greeted me and started to process our check in. We were then told they had a complication with the booking and they were fully booked so would have to put us up in a different hotel across from town. They did pay the taxi fare however. I didn't get a look around the hotel but it looked tiny from what I could see.

We were put up in the Hotel Mediterraneo which, apart from the rude reception staff, was an excellent hotel, with great facilities and food in a better location!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Danlo07
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

We have just spent five days at this hotel and absolutely loved it! The staff are very helpful and friendly and will spend time with you working out the best routes into the centre. It 20 minutes from the colusseum and add another twenty onto that for all other sites. We did not mind the distance as we bought a tourist three day travel pass which allows use on the trams trains and buses. The hotel and rooms are on the small side which is fine for a short stay and the breakfast is standard buffet but very nice. All in all I would recommend this hotel and would definitely come back here. On a different note I would recommend the area of trastevera for local restaurants and trendy tucked away bars!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Reserved a Rome here for the last night of my honeymoon in September. I booked the room based on proximity to the train station and based on the reviews here. My husband and I arrived by train and it was a very long walk through a slightly scary neighborhood to get to the hotel. The neighborhood of the hotel is not very nice at all. Our room wasn't ready so we left our bags and walked about 15 minutes through some dirty, undesirable stretch of neighborhood to the Vittorio Emanuele metro stop. The Manzoni station is a little closer and the walk to the hotel a little less scary. When we got in the room it was shockingly small. So small there was barely room to walk around the bed. Not good for 2 people and maybe only ok if you are there only for sleeping. We noticed too that the cashier desk only opened at 7:30 but we has to leave for the airport at 6am! There was a group of young people just sitting around the lobby being noisy and someone on our floor was smoking marijuana.the whole hotel felt like a youth hostel. I can't believe they claim it is a four star hotel. We complained about the size of the room and the marijuana and the hotel staff did offer to move us to a suite but we declined and went to another hotel and Hotel Best Roma still charged my credit card for the night despite our complaints!. In summary: tiny room, terrible neighborhood, questionable clientele, way overpriced. AVOID!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ehorton1977
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in August, very clean, friendly staff and lovely room. Close to the centre and easy access to most of the main sites. A very short walk to the bus station if you wanted to get a bus to the airport or anywhere else, we chose a taxi. We would definitely stay in the Best Roma next time we visit Rome.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple