“If you want to feel the Roman life, not the faceless hotel life, choose it!”

Galilei Guest House
Galilei Guest House
Ranked #2,307 of 3,752 Rome B&B and Inns
Minsk, Belarus
“If you want to feel the Roman life, not the faceless hotel life, choose it!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We absolutely loved staying at this hotel! It's so very Italian! Located in a block of flats - that means you'll enjoy high ceilings, tiled floor and authentic design of rooms, the nice double-door lift and meet native Italian neighbours.
The manager, David, is extremely friendly and helpful, providing you with a map and anything you might need while staying here, helping to call a restaurant to make a reservation, advising the nice places to eat at nearby.
A shared bathroom makes absolutely no trouble, it was only once that we had to wait a bit in the morning - during the two days we spent here.
The price is close to the lowest in Rome and taken into consideration you live in about a 10-minute walk from the Colosseum (=metro line B) and Manzoni (metro line A) - this is really the best choice!

...when showing us the necessary destinations in the map, David marked our hotel as "home" - and it was really like we stayed at our friend's home!
Will definitely return when we're back in Rome :) Grazie mille per tutto!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nichet_ta92

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bruges, Belgium
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Basic room but just what I needed. It has a good location in a quiet area. The breakfast is self-service. When I got there I had to call the owner as there is no reception. A young friendly French guy came after 15 minutes after I called and gave me all the information I needed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Leeds
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Galilei House is just 10 minutes walk from the Colosseum (either through the gorgeous park or the main road). With a kitchen for personal use and shared bathroom it was great. A cleaner every day ensures it's kept tidy and clean bedding and towels are at hand whenever you need them. David was extremely helpful in the information he gave us about the Metro (which was 2 minutes walk away and took us to the Vatican and Trevi Fountain and various other stope). The House was about 5 minutes walk from the main Termini station. A shop with daily foods/wine/essentials waws 5 minutes up the road across from the Barclays bank but even closer to the House was a DeSpar with fresh meats and breads, wines, shower essentials etc. There were 4 of us in one bedroom which was fine. There was a computer for guests to use as well as the free Wi-Fi. The bedrooms were all off the main road and so were very quiet in the evenings. And with shutters on the windows we kept the afternoon sun out so the room stayed really cool. There was a lift too that we all used to get up the floor of the apartment.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

For 80 euros a night I expect a bit more .. It was shared toilet and bathroom, the kitchen was only room for 3-4 people at time which must be troublesome if the 3 rooms in the hostel wants to eat at the same time . The breakfast was ok, just toast, cake and jam, but ok. I missed having staff at the place to ask and when we met the woman who owned it, she was not very chatty or polite . If it would be a cheap hostel it would be great but not for the price. You expect some more . The location is great !!

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Small unmanned hostel with a well-stocked kitchen and good internet connection, though we had a bit of hassle before we got the WiFi working (tip: use WPS).

Good location - easy to walk from the central station, and within walking distance of the Colosseum and the Vatican amongst others.

The owner sent us an email on the same day, wanting us to announce our arrival time. We saw it by pure luck as we were travelling at the time and for the most part had no internet connection. This and some other communications difficulties lowered our Service grade a bit, but overall it was a nice place to visit.

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came over from South Africa not knowing what to expect from Italy.

If you're looking for 5 star, you won't find it here. But for a place as comfortable, cost effective and perfectly located - look no further. Owners were helpful and weren't at all in your face. We basically had the entire apartment to ourselves.
We absolutely loved our stay, had EVERYTHING we needed and wouldn't hesitate to come back.

-Wifi
-Hot showers
-Comfortable bed and pillows
-Continental breakfast
-Quiet
-Ideal location...

What more does one need ??

• Stayed March 2013
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed here over the Christmas holiday in December 2011 and January 2012. we were unable to take a honeymoon after we were married in Sept. 2011 as I had to head back to school in the UK. After she joined me there a few months later I surprised her with a trip to Rome. After looking for a place to stay that would fit within our budget, I found Galilei. We were pleasantly surprised as David was an incredible host, taking the time to welcome us and give us the 'ins and outs' of the city.

The place was clean and neat every day, and David supplied a small breakfast, milk and juice, as well as coffee and bread. Although it was not much, it was pleasant a great thing to have when in a rush. The coffee was not great, but there is a place downstairs that makes some pretty good coffee...so go there. Nevertheless, all the services were low key but extremely helpful. There is a reviewer below from Budapest, who I believe was the family who stayed there while we were there. In addition, a younger guy (a DJ named Will) was interesting; he an I shared some fun conversations while my wife was asleep. It was a great experience.

During Christmas day, when my wife and I were just relaxing and having a sleep in, David and his twin brother (whose name I cannot remember) brought us candy and Panatone. He told us that it is what his family was having for the holiday and that we needed to partake in a true Italian treat. It was an unexpected surprise that we were grateful to receive.

This place is really close to the Metro and easily within distance to any place in the city. I love this place and hope to make it back there in a year or so.

I would return to Galilei any time I return to Rome.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple