“Amazing B&B and service”
Review of Suites Trastevere

Suites Trastevere
Ranked #18 of 3,617 Rome B&B and Inns
Sao Paulo, SP
“Amazing B&B and service”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This B&B is really awesome. Specially by the people there. Helena takes care of the place with the owner and she is very friendly and knowledgeable about all things you'll need in Rome. If you have a doubt or need anything she will try hard to help you.
Pros
- Service (Helena is amazing)
- Kitchen (for Breakfast and midnight snacks)
- Nice decorated, spacious and clean rooms.
- Guides & Books (There is a nice selection of tour guides and books for the guests use)
- It is free to park in the Trastevere avenue right in front of the hotel and you'll have no problem in finding a spot.
- It has an elevator
Cons
- It is a little off the center, but you have the tram stopping right at the door.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vacone, Italy
Reviewed July 29, 2013

First of all: don't book through venere.com! I had to cancel my reservation due to a change in travel plans, and did so well in advance of the 7-day cutoff. Neither myself nor the B&B owners received a confirmation email, despite the fact that the cancellation was registered on venere's website.

Despite this, the owners, Marco and Helena, were very understanding and generous about issuing a refund and not charging a penalty fee for what then appeared to be a late cancellation. The service I received was exemplary; not only did they refund my room fee, but when I made the reservation, they immediately contacted me to enquire if there was anything extra I needed or if I had any questions. I chose this B&B on the recommendation of a colleague and, given the personal attention I received, I will definitely stay there next time I'm in Rome. Treat yourself and book a weekend away at this gem of a B&B!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kuprec
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We have just returned from our first visit to Rome. Although a bit confused at first we found ourselves as seasoned tram and bus users by day 2. With Helenas help we got around the city with ease. The B&B is spotlessly clean and well equipped, our room had an extra bed in for our daughter and there was still plenty of space. Both Marco and Helena are extremely helpful. Breakfast with everyone around a table is really sociable.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Traveling to Rome for our first time, my wife and I found the Suites Trastevere delightful. Marco and Helena made our stay so welcoming with great help and conversation. The location in Trastevere is near a train station and Tram so getting around was easy. We loved visiting each morning with Helena at breakfast who was ever smiling and sweet. We enjoyed our time here and our room. One nice bonus was going to Marco's extremely nice slow food shop, iBufalini. http://www.ibufalini.com/ One of our favorite times in Rome was sampling the delicious meats and cheeses of this amazing shop. Thanks so much Marco!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carl B
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have stayed at Suites Trastevere twice now, once when I organized a travel group of 5 women and most recently with my mother in law and husband. Both times we have been completely pleased! The rooms are spotlessly clean, spacious, and uniquely decorated. Marco and Elena, who greet you when you arrive, organize breakfast, etc, are amazing! When you arrive they take the time to point out on a map places of interest, good restaurants, and public transportation. This is invaluable! The location is ideal, away from the hustle and bustle of Rome, but close enough to be where you want to go within a small amount of time. With confidence, I fully recommend Suites Trastevere for your next trip to Rome.

Belle Harbor New York
Reviewed July 5, 2013

It's true , I have never written a review before. I can't tell you how amazed I was by the generosity shown by the owners of Suites Trastevere. There were friendly welcoming emails exchanged prior to my scheduled visit. However , I experienced an unexpected change of plans while traveling with my sister. She is recovering from kidney cancer and while we were in Venice she couldn't continue. My stay was booked at Suites Trastevere for 7/8-7/13 and I had to cancel and return to the US. I was past the deadline for a refund. While in the midst of my own personal hell I received an email from Marco and he was extremely concerned about charging me the penalty for such a late change of plans and wanted to talk to me. I tried calling from Venice but with no success. Through emails I explained what happened and Marco generously told me he could not charge me under the circumstances. Never in a business situation have I experienced such humanity. I had so much to deal with and the stress of losing all that money was weighing heavily on me . I'm sorry that I didn't get to go to Rome. But I know I will go someday (hopefully soon). There is only one place that I will stay and that is at Marco's place. Thank you again!

1 Thank Lifesabeach531
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I came here alone (female) for 2 nights in June and it was fantastic! The b&b is located 20 steps from the trolly 8 which is maybe maybe 5-6 quick stops from Piazza Venezia from where you can walk to the coloseum, roman forum and circus maximus, among other sights. It's located in Trastevere, and is maybe 3 stops from the heart of Trastevere which is incredibly charming at night. I wanted to stay in Trastevere because it isnt too touristy and its much quieter; it was so nice to come back to a quaint, quiet neighborhood each night. Aside from the location being nice, the actual b&b was just great. Marco and Elena are sweet as can be, and my room was perfect. I had been traveling for weeks and it was nice to finally have a big, clean room. Thanks again Marco and Elena!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo