“Don't go there too expensive for no reason”
Review of Da Ottavio

Da Ottavio
Ranked #11,282 of 14,928 Restaurants in Rome
Neighborhood: Prati
Neighborhood: Prati
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Awful, disrespectful stuff and super expensive. 16 euros for a coffee and an orange juice... The place was old and kinda dirty

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (80)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We sat there with my family because we didn’t have a lot of time for breakfast and it was close to our hotel. We saw on the menu that a cappuccino cost 3.50€ which is already very expensive for Italy, but still decided to eat there. We ordered two cornettos and two bread and jam. However, when paying, I realised that the bill was twice what I expected! They made us pay 6€ per capuccino plus two times 6€ for only the little plastic containers of jam and butter! Not only are they tricking people but also not environmentally conscious.
Just don’t go there - it feels really disgusting to be trapped like that!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were trying to find somewhere close to the Vatican to make it on time for our tour. After walking quite a bit, we stopped here. They of course stand out and promote the restaurant and add a table to the end of the row, but this one was near the dumpsters which we kept smelling trash during our meal. Service was slow and one meal came out at least 10 minutes before the others. The veggie burgers were terrible – frozen green spinach patties – definitely not recommended for vegetarians/vegans. I’d recommend finding a new spot if you’re looking for something quick, tasty and with a good ambience.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 12, 2019

I am a tour guide to Rome and I strongly recommend to tourists or locals to avoid this place. It is scam. It is a place where people get ripped off. 10th of August 2019: I took 1 slice of pizza, 1 calzone and 1 coke and I paid 14.50 euro! It is double of what one would pay anywhere else in the city and the quality of the food was very poor. Stay away from this place, go somewhere else, Rome is full of good places.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 10, 2019

Charged 40 euro for two sandwiches and two coffees. They could not show me these rates on their menu when challenged. I wish I had seen the other reviews before we walked in there. Avoid!

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank Sean O

Been to Da Ottavio? Share your experiences!