“One step away from being great!” 4 of 5 stars

NH Collection Roma Giustiniano
Ranked #92 of 1,285 Hotels in Rome
GreenLeadersGold level
Westminster, Massachusetts
“One step away from being great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I selected this hotel based on being close to the Vatican and services being offered since my wife is disabled. Thru this sites reviews I able to select a room (#702) with views and extra room to provide for my wife's needs. Thank you writers! The breakfast service is truly well done. I found the morning & afternoon staff friendly and helpful, but the night male counter person was not. When I asked him to call a cab for us he TOLD (military style) me to walk to the plaza and get one there. This was not a good choice for my disabled wife and it took some time for her to recover from this ordeal.
One person that needs to be mentioned here is Christina and because of her I would give this hotel a excellent review. She made our stay here amazing.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise with great views. Take the upgrades if you can afford them as they ma...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bucketlist1_70

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Windsor, ON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The NH Guistiano is in a very good location, breakfast was very good, service was ok but not great, the room was large and generally clean. The beds were extremely hard and very uncomfortable. Had to ask a couple of times for towels as they only gave two for the three for us and housekeeping didn’t come at all one day. It’s an ok hotel and its location makes up for some minor glitches.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This quaint hotel close to the Vatican, Piazza Popolo, Spanish Steps and Piazzo Navone is stellar.

Very clean with ample accommodations. I'll get the only negative out of the way. I arrived 3 days in advance of meeting family already in Europe and the concierge outside the hotel (ahem) was absolutely useless! Not sure if it was his designer suit or tired from working out prevented him from even lifting a finger as I struggled with one case and one carry on. I had to hoist it up one giant stair not knowing there ws an alternative, It was not a welcome affair as all he did was stand and check himself out in the mirror. He failed to even a welcome hello or to advise there was a ramp access! OMG-horrid arrival!!!

My room was not available and so offered to rest in lounge area, other jet lagged individuals were around sleeping sitting up! LOL

So, the rest is positive dining, appetizer bar (a bit ditzy servers but charming in the comedy). I was charged for three drinks when had one but later rectified at checkout when I reviewed my bill. Really need to stress they reduce the salt in the pasta but wow, the buffet breakfast is a stunning and tasty cornucopia. the dinner is hit and miss depending on how well your server listens to you. Berto walked off midway with a guest and then brought me his meal in the confusion; yet there were only 8 folks that night!
The Internet is a bit of an effort as one needs to pick up a new as code changes daily! When needed assitance in room, service was prompt and no tip expected.

They do push the upgrade but my room was fab; balcony, arm chairs and a very new bed. The breakfast is the best by far in all my years of visiting Italy mostly northern from Paris/Swiss boarders.

This is a great Roman holiday spot withing walking distance of many spots like the early morning trekk to the Vatican and back for a snooze and then a cafe for a latte or machiato to go shopping and then a gelato.

Highly recommended once the outside guy is addressed and trained up.

Room Tip: Some rooms were veiled and under construction and the balcony cannot be used. Make sure to ask about...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We reserved a 9-night stay here and asked for a "quiet" room upon arrival, preferrably facing the interior courtyard. Glad they suggested otherwise. The inside courtyard is NOT at all pretty: some metal a/c framework or something. Ugly. 9 days of looking at that would have driven me crazy. Instead, we upgraded for $20EU/night to a 6th floor 2-room suite with a balcony. View of ST. Peter's dome is beautifully lit up at night. It WAS quiet! Maybe we were lucky because we saw the opposite side of the hotel was undergoing renovations outside. Only drawback to this room was the SMALL bathroom - a few bumps and bruises to show for it.

Location was good for us. We walked over to Castel Sant' Angelo, but everywhere else we went, we just asked for a taxi. No problems with that and the average we paid for a ride was $12-15EU.

Breakfast is a large buffet, but exactly the same thing all 9 days which included the hot scrambled eggs and sausage/bacon, most likely for us Americans. Mimosas, juices, coffee, cappuccino, hot chocolate, cereals, yogurts, fruits, rolls, all their luncheon meats and cheeses, pastries galore and of course nutella. You won't leave hungry.

Yes, the hotel is a modern style.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Port Richey, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

we arrived at this hotel and was offered the upgrade. We choose the upgrade and was not disappointed. We had a beautiful 2 room suite with views of st. peters basilica. The hotel was modern and very functional. After being to tired to walk the city one evening, we had a blast at the hotel bar. The room was large by european standards, with the 2 room suite being helpful. The hotel was central enough to walk to the vatican, piazza navona, the castle and the pantheon. The hotel was also in a great neighborhood where one could walk to a great dinner without the tourist feel. I thought the location is what made this hotel so nice. The fact that I felt we were in walking distance to most sites was very nice, but just on the outskirt of the madness of central rome. We met many locals at the restaurants that were helpful to us and offered us advice for our trip. The breakfast was good and satisfied us. I had a great stay here and would definitley recommend this to friends and family!

Room Tip: if offered the upgrade, especially if it's the balcony view on the 7th floor, take it!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Great hotel centrally located to shops,restaurants and more importantly a lot of historical sites of Rome..Spanish steps, Vatican, Piazza Navona, Castello degli angeli and much more. Michelin star restaurants are almost on the doorstep. Hop on hop off bus station very close by and if that's a bother, we found taxis quite reasonable. Hotel is modern,clean, and staff very helpful. Small suites are quite spacious and comfortable. Had room service and the meal was very good and still hot when it got to the room. Breakfast was also very good. Would recommend this hotel for convenience and value.

Room Tip: Choose small suite.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Frankfurt, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stay here quite a bit for work as it is an "approved" hotel. Each time I'm not impressed.

Pros:
- Good location
- Decent food
- I think the manager means well, as when I've complained I get a response... but nothing changes.
- Rooms are large; windows open

Cons:
- Staff are often rude, unhelpful and don't speak good English
- I have waited for 10 minutes while 4 people were behind the desk, but 3 refused to help me
- Have had housekeeping not clean my room and have had amenities not replaced
- The restaurant is a disaster at breakfast. No one ever cleans the tables. The last thing I want to see at 7am is a room full of dirty tables and half-eaten food. Additionally, there often aren't glasses or enough food out.
- Fitness center is laughable and doesn't open until 7am (not good if you have an 8:30am meeting)
- Internet is sporadic
- Pillows and bed are not comfortable at all

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not near the construction and that is away from the street noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business