“Run. Run fast and away from this place”
Review of La Fiorentina

La Fiorentina
Ranked #9,075 of 12,469 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Run. Run fast and away from this place”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Staying in Rome for four days, we decided to try this lively restaurant for a light dinner. As you walk by it it is quite inviting but beware! Menu is extensive albeit seeming high (4 EU for bread). We ordered a buffalo mozzarella and cherry tomato pizza and a soup along with two glasses (half glasses served) of house white wine. The service was below mediocre and were made to feel almost unwelcomed as non-Italians. Once the plates arrived after a long wait, I was disappointed my the looks of the pizza. It was to be a sauce less pizza with fresh cherry tomatoes atop. What I got was a pizza with an acidic sauce followed by SOME mozzarella with cooked cherry tomatoes and basil leaves. In all honesty, I've had better pizza on the streets of Rome. Not to mention a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant just a block from this restaurant. The price was high for the bad quality of food and service but I was there already. I was cutting a piece of my pizza when I saw something moving. We're my eyes playing tricks on me? Oh, NO! There was a green worm slowly making its way from one end of my pizza to the other. At this time, I was shocked and disgusted. I called the waiter and showed him the little insect still crawling in front of his eyes. He said, "I'm so sorry" and took the plate away. He soon approached the manager/owner and reported the incident.
The manager/owner then came to explain to me that this was merely a little work that lives in the leaves of basil. Ok. NOT ON MY FOOD THOUGH! He said they were making me a new one and I declined. The cost of this disappointing experience was a mere $25 EU for a cup of soup and two half-glasses of house white wine. Please add the hour-long dreadful experience into the mix.
I will never go to this place again and urge you not to as well. For these prices, food should not come insect-laden.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Perseus0228

• Greek first
new jersey
“Grossly Overpriced”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This restaurant was nearby our hotel and recommended by the hotel staff. The food and service were good and presentation above average. For what we ate and drank, we could have had similar quantity, quality and service for HALF the price. Everything about the restaurant was pleasing except the overcharge. If you have money to burn, this place is for you. Otherwise, you have probably a mimimum of dozens of equally good places within 30 minutes of this place to enjoy dinner without going broke.

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Excellent Meal!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The pizza was popular but the meat dishes were excellent. There is a choice of foods as well as price ranges...something for everyone!

Visited April 2013
Reading, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor service and very expensive”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Food was poor quality and very expensive - 4 euros for extra potatoes which consisted of a half a small potato. Service was appalling, we waited 20 minutes just to have a beer poured and we had to remind the waiter several times that we were waiting, this when there were only a handful of other diners. The waiter seemed only interested in enjoying himself with the other Italian customers. This was going to be our present to ourselves of a special expensive treat in Rome, but although the expensive part was true at 95 euros for 2 beers, 2 starters and 2 mains, special it certainly was not.

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great Food, Poor Service”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We decided to try this restaurant on recommendation from our rental company. The food quality was pretty good however the service was less than satisfactory. The waiter who greeted us was pretty casual with the service. We turned up around 1230pm on a Saturday and asked for a table - the waiter, who proved himself to be a buffoon, said choose any one, no interest in showing us to a table. When he finally decided to come to our table he made a big deal of whether we wanted water or not! After a while he decided to bring menus. We ordered our food. When ordering we asked if the mixed grill was big enough for two people- the buffoon said yes. I asked for wine. The buffoon said he would bring the wine list - didn't think to present this with the menu. After asking twice, and after the primi piatti had arrived, I received the wine menu. When I finally got the buffoon's attention and I pointed out which wine we wanted. The buffoon nodded and left with the wine menu. After a while the maitre-d' arrived and advised that the wine I ordered wasn't available and recommended a replacement - all OK. As I tried to order this wine the buffoon returned to clear our primi piatti plates before we had finished. While we waited for the secondi piatti (main course) the buffoon returned and advised that the mixed grill wasn't for two as he had recommended and said we needed to order another plate. We ordered an extra dish. The meat arrived without the side dishes (contorni). We asked for the side dishes and were assured that they would arrive shortly. They did not. We decided to eat our meat before they got cold, again I asked for the contorni- I was assured they were on their way. No, nothing. When we had almost finished our meat dish, the potatoes arrived. The verdure (greens)? On their way, we were assured. Nothing. When we had finished, the greens arrived. To his credit the Maitre'd tried to explain the whole thing as a misunderstanding. It wasn't misunderstanding, it was incompetent service and outright contempt for the customer. The quality of the food was very good - meat dishes exceptionally tender. Shame about the service.

2 Thank RegCalabria