“AMAZING!! Go and Book it now! If you are going to Rome”

Maria-Rosa Guesthouse
Ranked #426 of 3,668 Rome B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas, United States
“AMAZING!! Go and Book it now! If you are going to Rome”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

At first, I was a little bit hesitant because I don't usually stay in guesthouses. However, since I was on a budget this time (it was not for "business," so it came out of my own pocket), I can say that I was really lucky to have found this place.

Positive comments:

-It was extremely clean.
-Sylvie is an amazing hostess/person; she is also a genius. I was debating whether I wanted to buy one of her photography works, but now, I regret that I didn't.
-The location is great!
-The restaurant/sight recommendations were insightful. It was my 4th time to Rome.
-The bar around the corner offered good pastries for breakfast.
-The rooms were well-designed. I liked the modernism and cosiness put together.
-It was very good value for what it was.
-It felt like it was home away from home.
-When I come back to Rome, I will stay here again.
-I lost my phone in a taxi cab, and she went out of her way to make sure that I got it back.

Negative comments:

There is none.

So do yourself a favor. Stop searching, and just book it here!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Luke H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Rome, Italy
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I knew Sylvie and her beautiful Guesthouse from a friend and I confirm all the wonderful opinions...Sylvie is a special host, she knows very well Rome and she can help to find special and hidden place of the city; she is very kind!
Suggerisco il posto anche per turisti italiani o di passaggio che vogliono passare dei bei giorni al centro di Roma!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vale d
Imperial Beach, California, United States
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I arrived Rome without a reservation and was referred to Maria-Rosa Guesthouse and Sylvie. What good luck! The two-room guesthouse is delightful, peaceful, and quiet (on arrival I napped to the sound of gentle rain falling in the interior courtyard outside my plant covered window ledge).

Sylvie was a fabulous host who had all the right amenities in place and lots of knowledgeable advice on where to go and what to see. She really made my stay special and went out of her way to help. I truly felt like a guest in her home.

The guesthouse location in Trastevere (on the "other side of the river") is walking-distance convenient to central Rome and yet in a more quiet, neighborly part of town with terrific outdoor restaurants and shops.

Rome is ancient ruins, yes; but Maria-Rosa Guesthouse is the personal experience you seek in travel. Highly recommended. I hope to be back soon myself.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Mark B
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Thanks so much for your hospitality & all the tips on places to go, Sylvie! The list of practical things (best coffee, best pizza, but also wireless internet, nearest supermarket, fav shopping street etc) was great, and I wish I would have had more time to explore the overview you provided of the artists from different eras whose art and architecture can be found all over the city. I love your place, with the art and your photography, and hope to come back some day!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank veradenotter
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Sylvie is a fantastic hostess and provides unlimited advice on attractions, restaurants, you name it - she is there to lend a hand.
The guesthouse is in a very good location. Public transportation is close by. But in most cases you are within walking distance of most attractions.
If you do not mind sharing a bath with one other room we would without hesitation highly recommend this guesthouse.

• Stayed September 2012
Durango
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Thank you for a lovely place to stay in Rome and for all your fantastic hospitality and kindness. All of you made us feel at home and confortable. I also enjoyed reading about your grandmothers. Thank you for the recycling efforts in hope to help the earth and for letting us have the opportunity to recycle while we visited another city. Happy thanks to each of you!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Aarau, Aargau, Switzerland
Reviewed September 2, 2012

A cozy and quiet place and an individual atmosphere at a best location in beautiful Trastevere. It felt like having our own appartment in Rome even though we only stayed one night in this city. We definitely recommend Sylvies' place for longer stays.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends