“fantastic food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ristorante Da Vincenzo

Ristorante Da Vincenzo
Ranked #1,231 of 12,044 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Esquilino
Rome, Italy
“fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is one of the best home style ITALIAN restaurants in Rome.It's a family run very friendly place that serves up top notch fish dishes.I first visited this place in feb 2012 and go back when I can.....don't miss this experience!!!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Dawn H

• Greek first
“Food was mind blowing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

We went to this restaurant as it is just around the corner from where we were staying. It is slightly on the more expensive side but well worth it. On arrival there is a fresh fish bar from today's catch, and very friendly staff, has a feel of family run. I had the veal in a white wine sauce and from the first bite I fell in love with this dish. The flavours were intense and the meat was very delicate overall a very well presented dish. You have to order veg/potatoes separately. The desserts complimented the well presented main and were creamy and flavourful. I had a creme caramel and my wife had the panacotta. 2 courses, 1 side, a bottle of wine and bread for two people came to 69 euros. Like I said slightly on the more expensive side but well worth it.

1 Thank Peter S
Nha Trang, Vietnam
“What you want from a restuarant in Rome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Like many people have noted, it is difficult to find a good, home style Italian restuarant in Rome. You wouldn't think it but it's true. We went here 2 nights in a row because it wasn't worth it to bother wandering around looking for anything else that could match this. It's not cheep but I won't say it's over priced in the least. Let's just say it was worth every Euro. Fish seems to be the specialty. And they do it perfectly. VERY fresh as well. If you want pasta, the pesto pasta is simple perfection. I also enjoyed the linguini and lobster. I also want to mention that it was one of the few places we walked past that had as many locals as tourists, if not more. Always a good sign. We be there on my next trip for sure.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Crazytravelgirl
Melbourne, Australia
“Good food, however food took a while”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

This was close to our hotel and the reviews looked good. I had the lobster pasta - was tasty but the lobster didn't have a lot of meat. The service however was average. The food took very long to arrive and a couple next to us were complaining of the service which made our dining experience rather unpleasant. Overall food was good, however the time for the food to be served needs to be greatly improved.

• Visited May 2012
Cancún, Quintana Roo
“Solid Food but Not Well-Managed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

The food was worthy of eating but--and this may have just been our misfortune to be there on a bad night--the service was painfully slow, with no explanation or apologies offered. While our waiter was perfectly pleasant, he never attempted to offer an explanation for why it was taking close to 30 minutes between courses. Several other tables walked out and the only reason we stayed is that we were having a nice conversation with the Australian couple at the next table. All restaurants can have an off night but the fact that there was no real attempt to compensate or even explain makes me issue this caveat. The food was not unique enough to overcome the liability.

Visited September 2012