“Trip Advisor Needs a 0-Star Rating! (Thieves!)” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafeteria Antica Roma

Cafeteria Antica Roma
Ranked #762 of 777 Dessert in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Colonna
Washington D.C.
“Trip Advisor Needs a 0-Star Rating! (Thieves!)”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

All 1-star posts are completely accurate. This place robs people blind that aren't brazen enough to walk out cancelling their order. My fiancee and I ordered one cone with two scoops, and just like everyone else we got charged 16 Euro ($20 USD)! It is around the corner from our hotel and is the only reason why we meandered into this place after dinner.

Not only was the price absurd, the server and the cashier were complete a-holes.

Horrible experience.

• Visited March 2013
25 Thank Michael C

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Tonsberg, Norway
“Do Not Go Here !!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

With ice cream on every other corner, we felt safe just dropping into one, so we dropped in to the biggest criminal dessert shop in Italy. I ordered a scoop of Mint, and my wife ordered 2 scoops milk and strawberry flavors. The jerk behind the counter made her 2 scoops into a 16 euro cone. My one scoop ended up being topped up to 16 euro as well. Obviously the owners are used to people dropping in with a few euros for ice cream and i was walked to the ATM machine by the owner to take out money to pay for the 3 scoops i ordered = 32Euro. i told the owner it was funny how 3 scoops could come out to be so much money, he just pretended to not understand English. These people should be arrested and shut down for gouging tourists.

I took my ice cream and put it upside down on their table and told them their ice cream was crap. Then i went to my hotel gave the receipt to the conceirge and asked him if this was normal for 3 scoops of ice cream. He called the shop owner and argued with them for 5 minutes. Told me to go back for my refund. I got 24Euro back so we still payed 5Euro move than the honest shops around the corner. I advise anyone who is cheated in Rome to get their hotel to call the shop. These places are scared of being black listed by the hotels so don't hesitate to demand a refund and get the hotel to do it for you...

• Visited March 2013
29 Thank Speel
“17 euro for an Ice cream and 12 euro for 2 tiny coffees”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

This places only small saving grace is that the coffee was actually ok! We had 2 small coffees and were charged 12 euros! We looked at the menu for an ice cream and bolted when we saw that a cone could cost anything from 5 euro to 17! do not go here there are plenty of other reasonable places in the area!

9 Thank Rebecca M
Brooklyn, New York
“There are no words to describe how disgusting this place is”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

It is criminal what they do. No prices are posted, so when you order gelato they make up some ridiculous price (15 - 20 euro for small gelato bowl.) Try going in with a family and ordering 4 little gelato that you expect to cost a few euro. You are suddenly lookng at a bill over $100!

I have never said this before, but I wish harm on everyone associated with this establishment. That is how disgusting and repulsive I find them.

• Visited August 2012
13 Thank Mike G
Thessaloniki, Greece
“expensive expensive expensive and rude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

after we forced to take 3 scoops of ice cream (because the cup we chose was big..) we moved to the cashier, a really rude lady who kept screaming "diciotto!!" all 4 times we didn't actually understood the "18" in italian,as if we had to!18 euros for 3 scoops of mediocre ice cream??NO NO NO

• Visited January 2013