B&B Santa Croce
$356
$278
Capo d'Africa
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Nord Nuova Roma(Rome)(Great Value!)
$192
$725
$1,402
$769
  • Restaurant
All reviewseasy walking distancenice breakfasttermini stationbalconybedroomcollesiumbathroomcolosseumsites
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 30, 2010

We stayed here for one night in May 2010, having flown directly from New Zealand to Rome. We needed a clean comfortable bedroom to relax, and rest in close proximity to the train station. It met all our needs - a 10 minute walk from the station, not quite "a hotel" as we expected, and initially hard to identify the building, but once we found the apartment on the third floor, we were met be a very welcoming host who provided us with excellent maps, and advice on places to walk to. Our studio apartment type bedroom had a balcony, on which we ate the huge breakfast. The private bathroom was down the corridor but not a problem - we had our own key. We slept very soundly and were not bothered by traffic noise. We would happliy stay again, assuring we could get the same room. It was a great find using Trip Advisor, and a pleasant place to spend our first night in Italy, especially as we had been advised that most accomodation near the station was questionable. Only awkward point was payment was required in cash - luckily we had the Euros!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2010

I suppose I shouldn't really write a review since I didn't actually stay there.

My wife booked a room there for 4 nights as we're visiting Italy; the rates were very reasonable, we thought.

Apparently they thought so too, because they tried calling us 4 times today telling us that we couldnt stay there because the prices quoted on the Late Rooms website were too low and instructing us to cancel our own reservation.

I have a good mind not to do that but I'm not sure what good that would achieve.

Lying bunch of cheats.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Avvy07
Reviewed September 9, 2010

Very disappointed after such good reviews. I arrived at the address on the reservation. Upon meeting a friendly man at the check in point, he said cash would "be less complicated" than paying by credit card. Upon paying for the room in cash, he led me out of the building and walked me two blocks to the Hotel Manzoni. There I was handed off to their front desk and was led to my room which was in the basement of a neighboring building called Albergo Pisa (see pictures). The room was small as expected, had a private shower (very moldy) and toilet but there was no wifi (pay or free) and no air conditioning. As a result I had to keep the window open and the noise from the nearby streetcar and trains arriving & departing the Roma Termini station made sleeping difficult. Also the smell of pot permiated the floor as a neighbor kept their door open while smoking. In hindsight, I should have paid by credit card and disputed the charge. This was NOT as advertised by Expedia on either its US or Italian sites.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 7, 2010

My sister and I went to Rome for a short break last October and stayed in this B and B. The owner could not have been more accomodating, the room we booked was not available so we were given a double room each and then the choice the next day wether to stay in those rooms or the original one booked. The place is spacious, very clean and secure, short walk to metro which is fantastic and easy to use. The breakfasts were so huge we would use the leftovers for lunch!! If I have the chance to go back to Rome this is where I will be staying. Anna from Eastbourne, Sussex.

• Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Spacious rooms, modern clean bathrooms - a bit unusual - down the passage from your rooms. This B&B is a large converted apartment in a semi residential building . The area is not great - especially if you arrive at night , even our taxi driver was a bit reluctant to let us stop there. During the day it looked much better and in fact is a 15 minute walk to the Coloseum . Around the corner is a Metro station . It is much further from Termini Station than appears on the map - you definitely would not want to walk with luggage - take a cab for around 6 euros!. The owner is pleasant and helpful and served a good fresh breakfast . Altogether a reasonable place to stay for the price paid , but consider paying the price and staying in a better area.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family