“Not your average hostel!”
Review of Blue Hostel

Blue Hostel
Ranked #1 of 1,068 Specialty Lodging in Rome
“Not your average hostel!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

A group of us stayed in 2 rooms and were pleasantly surprised to see that this place felt much more like a hotel than a hostel. There are just a few rooms set aside for Blue Hostel in this conveniently located building, and the 2 we stayed in were really pretty, clean, and comfortable. The owner is really nice - he met us out front and helped us with our bags, gave us a great map of Rome with some favorite restaurants and shopping spots marked, in addition to all the tourist sites. We needed an extra room last minute for our last night and the owner was able to get us one in the same building through the hotel for the same price. Overall a great stay!

mirmecobio, Owner at Blue Hostel, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your beautiful review!
I have to say that you were very nice guests too!!
It was very very nice to meet you in Roma, hopefully I will see you again in the future?

Ciao!
Ercole

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Korean first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Super location, good walking distance to all the main attractions. Rooms were simple, yet clean and comfortable. On arrival, we were given a detailed map and recommended restaurants (I don't know if I would agree with some of them though) !! The map was extremely useful throughout our stay. Good walking distance to the train station.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Malaysia
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Room was very nicely decorated. Service was good. Marchelo greeted us & helped us out with our bags to level 3. They even have a cork opener just in case any visitors buy cork wine bottle. Very thoughtful.
However, because it is a wooden hostel so there is not much sound proof. You could here people coming back to their rooms, footsteps from top, etc. Not so suitable for light sleeper.

• Stayed August 2013
Garden City, New York, United States
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We had just had a horrible hostel experience so we were pretty nervous.The owner met us at the door and helped us up the stairs with our bags.The owner assured us that 'Blue" was not your average hostel. He was extremely helpful and gave us a map of Rome which he made himself and added suggestions for food and shopping. The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable. The sign is beside the door on the wall so it is very easy to miss. The location is great and not too far from the train station. Our belongings were safe because we needed 4 keys to get to our rooms. If I return to Rome I definitely will book this hostel again!

3 Thank Jade S
mirmecobio, Owner at Blue Hostel, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Ciao!
Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it!
We would love to see you again at Bluehostel soon!
Take care!
Ercole
Park City, Utah
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Blue Hostel is in a great location, easy to access Metro station, great places to eat etc. What really made it special for me is the entire staff, from the beginning of the booking process Ercole was quick to respond to e mails with numerous questions, when we arrived they made us feel welcome and appreciated. Thank you very much. Until we meet again.

Reading, England
Reviewed July 20, 2013

They describe this as 'the hostel that is more like a hotel' and we couldn't agree more. Ercole was a very attentive host, taking the time to talk through an incredibly useful map with everything you could need highlighted. The location is perfect for someone who wants to stay just out of the hustle and bustle but still near to everything. The room was beautiful, two small balconies, a gorgeous bathroom and a small fridge. Being a hostel, breakfast is not offered but there is large supermaket two minutes away and countless cafes to get breakfast. Make sure you get down to the famous Giolitti, with every flavour ice cream you could imagine. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Blue Hostel and would definitely return!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I just loved this room as soon as soon as I saw it, full of charm, quiet and spotlessly clean. I ran the front bell of the building and Hercules the owner came down and met me and carried my bags up to my room. From the beamed ceilings, the shuttered window overlooking an internal courtyard and rooftops and the modern bath everything was great. Hercules provided me a map he had printed up with all of his recommended places to visit and eat at - I went to a number of them and all were excellent. Hercules really does seem to care about his hotel guests, their comfort and enjoyment of the city. I felt very safe both in the area of the hotel and the hotel itself, coming back one night around 11:30pm by myself. I think the price was very good for the location and amenities and am so glad I switched hotels after seeing this hotel highlighted on a Frommer's Budget Travel email a couple of months before I left. One word of caution to some is that my room was four flights up, no elevator, but Hercules or whoever is on duty will take care of carrying your luggage when you arrive/leave. Also a real nice gelato store with nice people a couple of doors from the hotel towards the church.

Room Tip: I had the end room which was very quiet, the room at the front end of the corridor that has the heav...