My cousin and I stayed at Beau Site for 4 days and had a lovely stay. As many of the reviews said, the location is great, with an "easy" walk to the Spanish Steps, Via Veneto, Fontana de Trevi, the shopping areas and most other key Rome sites. The train that stopped closest to the hotel wasn't working the week when we were there, but we managed with just walking most everywhere. The few times we did need a cab, Fabrizzio and Linda would call a cab for us and it would arrive in less than 5 minutes, every single time. It was great. Very little time wasted.
The hotel itself is on a quiet tree-lined street and is on the 2nd (and 3rd?) floors of a beautiful old building. It doesn't even look like a hotel from the outside, so if traveling by taxi, it's good to remember the building number. Most cabs will know Via Ludovisi. I thought It was very charming. We had a rental car on the first day because we went to Tuscany first and didn't have too difficult a time finding the hotel. There was also plenty of street parking, and a parking structure a few meters away. When we returned the rental car, we took the express train back to the city. From Termini, it was a 20-30 minute walk back to the hotel passing the Santa Maria Maggiore, Quattro Fontani, Piazza Tritone and a few other landmarks.
For our stay, Fabrizio upgraded us to a deluxe room which had a lovely view of the Istituto Svizzero di Roma. The A/C was perfect, because we had some hot days in Rome, and coming back to a cool room after a lot of walking was just heaven.
1) Free internet! Yes!
2) Breakfast area was a lovely sunny area. It's pretty simple continental style with breads, cold cuts, jams, yogurts, etc. Eggs, hot chocolate and a few other things were additional $, but what was available is sufficient and tasty.
3) There's always someone greeting us hello and goodbye, which makes it feel very welcoming and homey. Fabrizio and his staff are very warm and sincere.
4) Some nice restaurants nearby, although beware of the ones in Via Veneto. Pricey and touristy.
5) Always felt safe walking around at night and the hotel felt very secure with secured entry in the front and secure entry once you get to the hotel on the second floor.
6) Items in mini-bar were affordable. We mostly just drank the water, but there was beer and prosecco in there, too.
1) The place is kept very clean, although one of the days, the cleaning lady left some of her cleaning items in our room (a duster, a rag). I'm not picky about these things but some people might find that annoying. For me, it means she came into clean and actually used these things!
2) We were on the 2nd floor with a room near the breakfast area. If someone rang the bell at night, we could hear it pretty loudly. I think we were so exhausted most nights (or we were those late night people on others!) that it wasn't a big deal, but again, something that some people might find annoying.
3) No tub in our room, but we're not bath people. The bathroom was so spacious and clean with all the necessary amenities.
4) Smallest elevator known to man. But, we used the stairs 95% of the time, so no big deal. (The stairs by the way are gorgeous marble steps. Very old world Italian.)
Quick tip: If you walk down from the hotel on Via Francesco Crispi and turn right at Via di Capo le Case, there is a small cafe/gelati place called Cafe Nobel (next to a Pizzeria). They have THE BEST gelati in the area. It is SO GOOD. You can taste the fresh fruit and real chocolate, etc. This place was so good we went back every single night, on the way back to the hotel. (And sometimes, twice.) It made the uphill walk to the hotel go by fast! Buy a gelati, walk to hotel, by the time you get there, it's finished. Perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique place, where the guest is the center of everything, welcomed and pampered from the initial smile to the last goodbye, which always leaves a taste of sweet nostalgia to everyone.This is the daily experience at Beau Site, luxurious Boutique Hotel in Via Ludovisi, an elegant street in the heart of Rome, just a few steps away from the magnificent Villa Borghese, that links Via Veneto, birthplace of La Dolce Vita, to Via Sistina, from which guests will reach in a few minutes the most attractive architectural, historical and artistic sights, such as the stairway of Trinità dei Monti, Piazza di Spagna, Fontana di Trevi, Via del Corso and Piazza Navona. The beautiful building where our Antica Residenza is located was built by the famous family of Roman architects Busiri Vici and came originally with the idea of a private home; then, the tranquility, sophistication and exclusivity of the location suggested the restructuring of a portion of the building, in order to create a jewel of hospitality that could ensure class, privacy and relaxation.The elegant décor, the style of the impeccable service and the comfort of each of the environments create a charming atmoshpere that makes pleasurable and memorable even the shortest stay.The Beau Site is a residence which is historical, but still Hi-Tech: the free WiFi and the iPad, available to our customers, are just some of the small details that contribute to create a balanced union of style and efficiency.In the morning, in the Bow Window room (unique in its genre) the continental breakfast is served on a buffet full of sweet and salted meals, always fresh and accompanied by the best Italian coffee and typical products.A special selection of drinks was made by a Sommelier especially for guests of Beau Site, even the most demanding ones. All is provided by a special service in the Bow Window dining room, or in total discretion in your bedroom.Among the various services offered: LCD satellite TV, free WiFi access, free AirPrint, check-in online for flights, online "jump-the-line" bookings for the Vatican Museums, Colosseum, Borghese Gallery etc., send/receive fax, transfer to/from airports, city guides, bookings for tours, open top bus, personal shopper, car rental.Who’s choosing our Boutique Hotel Beau Site knows what he will find, but never expects what being in this unique place really means, until he discovers by himself, being pleasantly surprised. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Beau Site - Antica Residenza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beau Site Rome
- Beau Site Hotel Rome