“Highly Recommended!”

Miles & Miles Tour Company - Tours
Ranked #3 of 213 Food & Drink in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: A family business. Specialized in optimizing the limited time of people offering tailored tours of Rome and Italy, with professional Driver Guides and comfortable Minivans, savouring the traditional highlights of Rome but also get a backstage view of traditional, daily, Italian life. The tours are always personalized to reflect your interest and budget. Whether it's a simple shuttle transfer from the airport or a breathtaking private excursion across the Italian peninsula, Miles&Miles is here to help you make your Italian experience the best it can be.Shore excursions - Tours - Transfers in all over the country.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Chicago, Illinois
“Highly Recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2010

My husband and I booked 2 trips with Miles & Miles (along with airport service).

Our first trip was a tour of Rome with Francesco. He was very knowledgeable and we loved hearing about Rome from someone who lives there and loves the city so much. Besides seeing all that the city has to offer I loved the fact that because we were on a private tour... with every site we visited we were able to explore as long as we wished. We booked this trip early into our stay in order to get familiar with the city. Knowing this, Francesco made sure to recommend places that we could go on our own. We took him up on all of his suggestions and it truly helped make the rest of our time in Rome very enjoyable.

Our second trip was to Pompeii and the Amalfi coast also with Francesco. Unfortunately it was raining this day but Francesco made sure we were as comfortable as possible throughout. Miles & Miles set up a tour of the actual city of Pompeii with a local lady which was nice as she had lived there and was very familiar with the city. After Pompeii we headed to the Amalfi coast which was just breathtaking. Francesco took us to a restaurant on top of a cliff in Positano where we had the best meal of our trip. After that he took us down into the town of Positano where we were given all of the time we wished to explore. There is NO WAY that a bus could have maneuvered us through those narrow streets and into that small town.

Overall we had a great experience with Miles & Miles and Francesco and if you are looking for a personalized experience I would highly recommend them!

Phoenix, AZ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Miles & Miles Private Tours in Rome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2010

I was in Rome and did a private tour with Miles & Miles. While I'd been to Rome previously, this tour was the highlight of my trip this time. It was informative and they took us to places most tourists would not have clue to visit as well as all the standards. I HIGHLY recommend them!!!!!! If I'm ever in Rome again, I'll gladly take another Miles & Miles tour!

Orlando, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Wow! - Rome with a personal touch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2010

I only signed up for tripadvisor to write this review because it was so overwhelming.
Francesco was awesome. Passionate about Rome & Wine, he made us feel like we were part of the Miles and Miles family and not just some tourists. Within 5 minutes, he figured out what we would like from our personalities and tailor-made Rome By Night tour. Every stop was awesome. We actually went back to a few of the places that we stopped by, just because it took our breath away. We had him suggest a restaurant and with his recommendation, we were treating like royalty. He even let us in to the family part of Rome, where Romans dine, and we stopped there on another day. Guess who was there, Francesco dining with friends. He is the real deal, speaks better English that I, and made my wife and I yearn for another trip. Next time, we will do the Wine tour as he said it was his favorite. You can really tell he falls in love with his city every day as he sees it through new traveler's eyes. Not only do I recommend, I think that it is a must.

Austin, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Greatest Rome Tour Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2010

We just returned from a 21 day cruise to the Med and Atlantic Crossing back to Galveston, Texas. On our day in Rome I booked a privite tour with Miles & Miles and was completely satisfied with our tour and felt we received a great value for the cost of the tour. The tour cost was 550 Euros for 4 and it was worth every Euro we spent.

Francesco took us to a local cafe for a quick cup of cappuccino and that was included in the cost for the day. For lunch, we wanted to eat local food, so he took us to a restaurant where his Dad and Mom dined even before he was born. Osteria dei Pontefici food was wonderful and had all the local food flair.

Francesco was our guide for the day and he was wonderful. His Dad and Uncle own Miles & Miles and they run this business as a family. Francesco's sister, Noemi, guided us through the Vatican. When we arrived there, the tickets were delivered outside to Noemi and we sailed straight into the Vatican and left all those waiting in line behind. Now that was real service. We did have to pay an additional amount for the tickets and the guide service, but that was explained to us up front. In fact, you don't pay anything until you finish for the day and then settle up with your quoted price on the reservation.

Francesco spoke perfect English and even told us his Dad sent him to the states to learn more English. We all were from Texas and he told us he spent a few months in Bryan/College Station, which is where I grew up as a youngster. How funny! I knew of many places that he spent time visiting.

Miles & Miles also set us up with tours in Naples and Florence and our guides were awesome in each place. Roberto (the owner) has all the connections, so don't worry about having him book them for you in those ports too.

I can tell you to just trust me and many others that have used Miles & Miles to have them book those 3 ports for you if you are cruising. If you are just doing several days in Rome they can adjust tours for you and see much more than we did on the one day adventure.
Forget the cruise tours and go with Miles & Miles......you won't be dissapointed.

Aventura, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Miles and Miles Tour Company delivers.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2010

We were on a cruise October, 2010 and decided to book a private tour for the 4 of us (adults) since the ship's tours limited our exploration.
It was great!! Cameo factory, Pompeii, Amalfi Coast, Positano, lunch in the mountains. Our guide was courteous, kind and crammed everything we wanted to see into our lovely day.
I recommend Miles and Miles wholeheartedly. They really care about your having the time of your life.