“A little piece of heaven!”

Gelateria del Teatro
Ranked #17 of 782 Dessert in Rome
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We happened upon this gelateria after a very nice dinner around the corner. I was shocked and pleasantly surprised when my mint chocolate chip gelato wasn’t made with extract, but rather fresh mint! It was like a small refreshing mojito with chocolate. I paired this with a dark chocolate gelato and it was also delicious. I love that the gelato is not overly sweet, but definitely desserty. My daughter and I usually share; however, the serving sizes here are a little small so we ended up buying two. =) This neighborhood is beautiful and fun to stroll. It is definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank lolatravelz
Write a ReviewReviews (2,199)

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The first time I was here, I happened upon it with a friend. The next time, I was on a culinary tour and they took us to "The Best Gelateria in Rome." I am not one for labels, but i have to agree with this one. The gelato is amazing. Everything is made on premise, everything is fresh and so creative. I make sure everyone I know that is going to Rome stops there, and everyone has fallen in love with Galateria Teatro.

First love, the chocolate with wine. Most recent love, garden sage with raspberry.

And if there is a line, wait. It will be worth your time.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

While not as creamy as some other gelato shops, this one has very interesting favors aturing herbs such as lemon and rosemary or raspberry and sage. Definitely worth a trip to compare to Rome's other top gelato shops.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

What a charming and lovely gelato shop. Oh yeah and it's amazingly delicious, too! It's not gimmicky like other places, uses really fresh ingredients, and the overall flavor is just right. What I really enjoy is that it's not too overbearing with flavors but still provides a nice variety of traditional ad unique tastes that work. If you're eating near Piazza Navano, definitely make a stop here for dessert.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Found this place under TA, not far from our accommodation. Reading reviews I was interested to try the unique flavours and combinations on offer. Overall it didn't disappoint. Friendly service.
Kids had the standard fragola and chocolate again. The wife had the rosemary & honey/Lemon and the sage and raspberry. The later being the standout for her. I had to try the pistachio, very nice. Also gave the apple & cinnamon a go and this was very good too. All round success. Good that its not far to come back for more of the unique flavours we didn't get to try.

1  Thank Mark D