“fantastic flavors, locally sourced”

Gelateria del Teatro
Ranked #28 of 858 Dessert in Rome
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Description: Gelateria pasticceria cioccolateria artigianale solo prodotti stagionali freschi con laboratorio a vista
Reviewed January 2, 2013

dark chocolate with big chunks of orange, peach with lavender...we wished we could try all of the varied unique flavors found here. another plus is their use of locally sourced, seasonal ingredients - the offerings change according to availability. the reason i didn't give the gelateria 5 stars was the texture of the gelato wasn't as creamy as other (admittedly less tasty) gelatos have been. that said, if we are lucky enough to get back to rome, we will surely visit again and, if it is in season try white chocolate and jasmine tea.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,371)

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I was sampling dairy-free (and gluten-free) options: amazing dark chocolate and strawberry ice creams.

Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We had heard this place was great and had been spoiled by going to Della Parma earlier today, this place suffers by comparison. The service was rude, the range limited, and can't pay by credit card. There also isnt much of a place to sit either. Should have gone to Della Parma!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I stopped by here randomly, walking around my hotel, and I was not disappointed! It's in the cutest area, there was an older local couple there, and the flavors all looked amazing. I've been back twice since. I first tried the Puro (pure chocolate) alongside the Hazelnut and then the Raspberry and Garden Sage alongside the Rosemary, Honey, and Lemon. They were all incredible! I will definitely be returning before I leave.

1  Thank Samanthala9210
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

we loved the pistachio and milk orange and pear & caramel flavours and ..many more. we had our daily fix of gelato (5 days)..and tried many others like cheese,almond &fig, sage and raspberry, hazelnut... every choice is rich with flavour..we cant really decide which is our favorite. would want to return this place if we r ever back in rome

Been to Gelateria del Teatro? Share your experiences!