“The Worst Service...in the world.”
Review of Alfredo Ristorante

Alfredo Ristorante
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Alfredo Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,506 of 12,469 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Neighborhood: Campo Marzio
Description: Ristorante Alfredo Roma is quite simply the epitome of Roman dining. A cosy, unimposing restaurant in the centre of town with a warm and welcoming atmosphere greets you as you step in from the bustling Via Principe Amedeo. Inside a barely signposted red painted building, only found by a long awning covering street side tables, is a stone arched room surrounded by classical style sepia murals. A large, well stocked bar catches your eye as you enter, tempting you with a pre-dinner drink before moving on to the menu, a traditional Italian delight. Lasagne and bruschetta, so typical, is matched only by the staff for true Italian personality.
San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Worst Service...in the world.”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I went to Ristorante Alfredo in Rome this June, we brought our entire family of 15 with us and it was hands down the worst service that I have ever received. We sat down in a fairly empty restaurant, at about 7pm, we did not leave until 11pm that night. Now I know Italian dining is slow and you're supposed to enjoy each other's company. Au Contraire, After an hour and thirty minutes of waiting for our appetizers, and an additional two hours waiting for our food, we we're right about ready to walk out when the food arrived. We complained and they said "well, you all ordered different things.. We thought you we're going to order the signature Alfredo." That is certainly not a reason for a three hour wait for food. The food was mediocre, the service as stated above was the worst i've ever received, and it is overpriced for what you receive. Yes in its old Italian style, it is very elegant and it takes you to another time, but if Alfredo I (1), knew how we were treated in his restaurant, i'm sure he'd be rolling in his grave.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Alec_1122

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
“Free wifi”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Honestly went there on our first night to use the free wifi. Only had wine and dessert. Waitstaff was very friendly and the house red wine was very good! Cute place and worth the wine for wifi!

Madison, Wisconsin
“Great Service!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

During our stay in Rome we had two excellent meals at Ristorante Alfredo! The owner Alex was so welcoming and also very generous. We stayed at the Ines Downtown B&B, which Alex also runs, and it was wonderful! He invited us down to Ristorante Alfredo for a bottle of wine and dinner on the house! The seafood pasta was delicious. We also had live music while we were eating, which added to our great Rome experience. Thanks, Alex!

• Visited June 2013
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Not worth the risk”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were staying for four nights in Rome and after two excellent evening meals at venues recommended by our hotel, decided to go to Alfredo's as it was nearby and we were tired. The reviews on TA seemed encouraging so we ventured out.
I can only think that they did not have a chef that night and had a volunteer 'cook'. My choice of antipasto, clams and mussels was not available so I had mixed seafood salad which was ok, but I suspect the seafood came out of a jar; it had processed crab sticks and indeterminate discs of ?scallop, difficult to tell. The real disaster was my main course. For the first time in my life, I sent a dish back. I had asked for steak, medium rare; what I got was a piece of meat nearly the size of the plate but less than 1/2 cm thick that was mostly fat and gristle. The parts that were meat were cooked until they were hard and I had to remove the one mouthful that I attempted to chew.
The waiter was very distracted and twitchy throughout our visit but took my plate away and offered me an alternative. I chose ravioli as I thought it would be a safe option but it was pretty tasteless and frankly I just wanted to go. My partner's main course of chicken was also overcooked but still edible.
The waiter admitted that there had been an error in the kitchen, gave us limoncello on the house and did not charge for my ice cream dessert but the bill still reached 65 euros.
It may just have been a bad night there, but for us it was a night of our holiday and I would advise other visitors not to take the risk.

Visited June 2013
“Exceptional service, not only is the staff spectacular, the food is honestly "to die for" and the atmosphere is in a really nice”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is place is a must. If you are staying anywhere close to Ristorante Alfredo , you must come and visit for a bottle of wine as well as some of the best pasta that you can find in Rome! The staff is very friendly, the food is very good, and the service and environment are some of the best we have witnessed during our stay in Rome! Thumbs up for ristorante Alfredo, you're a five star in my books!:)

• Visited May 2013