“Nice enough” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Casa di Rosy

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
La Casa di Rosy
Ranked #2,990 of 3,736 Rome B&B and Inns
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Nice enough”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

A homely little place in a very central location. Staff are friendly, rooms are well kept. However, breakfast is fairly meagre and there's no lounge, only a little dining area. You'll need earplugs at night to block out the sound of air con and traffic. It's also impossible to find as there is no signage - locate it precisely before you arrive! Overall, however, it was decent: we were satisfied if not overawed.

Room Tip: Stay at the rear if possible, to avoid the traffic noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Oaklands87

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

Casa di Dew is a nice small hotel in one of districts of Rome. The hotel occupies an entire floor in a large tenement building. The hotel is located very close to metro and train station. Many Asians live in the district, but it was very quiet. Unfortunately I could not wake up for breakfast but my observation is that the kitchen was neat and clean, like bedrooms and bathroom. I highly recommend for those who do not expect luxury, but rather prefer a neat and pleasant place to stay

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

First time in Rome and all we want is to have some place to sleep for our 5 days stay there. Arrived in the hotel located in a dodgy area (but seems safe anyway) and surprized with the staff can speak Filipino and Italian. We were very at home!

Breakfast was alright for the prize. Guests were a bit insensitive (not too lucky that night) though because one night they were having a big meeting and before we found out they didn't know we are just in the other room. I guess the whole hotel is too small and can hear even a scratch on our heads.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Auckland NZ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

Unfortanately we had not been given the street address by Agoda, so we couldn't find the place as there was no sign. I had to return to the tourist info at Rome Termini to get the number. We had booked back in April but they didn't have the room ready for us when we arrived in October.. They tried to put us downstairs in what appeared to be a family home!!! . Afetr complaining we finally got given a room in casa di rosy.
Room was nice but you couldn't switch off the bathroom light. Breakfast OK but this B and B is very close to the tram so it is really noisy..

Lorraine NZ

We were unhappy with the situation on our arrival

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lorraine S

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

I was searching for hotel rooms for my trip to Rome. I felt very handicap because I only knew very basic in Italian language. I bumped into the boss of La Casa Di Rosy thru a waiter from restaurant near Rome terminal and happened the boss was having expresso over there. After talking to the boss of La Casa Di Rosy and went there to view his hotel rooms. I found it is acceptable.
Give them a chance although I found some negative reviews on them.
They have improved alot. YOU cannot compare them again International Hotel service standard.

Room Tip: You just need a clean bed to sleep and you are out for the whole day for sightseeing. Set down your...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

The address is to an indian jewelry shop. Call from the youth hostel around the corner(better off staying there) to get the owner to lead you down the street...

Payment was a complete hassle. Said they couldn't take credit cards without a significant additional fee. According to our Caribinieri friend, this set up is a common way Romans try to evade taxes...

no breakfast onsite - coupons to a lame capuccino and measly croissant shop a couple of blocks away... Casa Di Rosy is hidden several blocks away and if you trek down there for breakie, the attitudes are less than customer friendly.

Room was adequate but noisy due to the bus and trolley and traffic, and also an issue with smokers even tho advertized as non-smoking. Phillippino house keeping very friendly no receptionist.

If you just need a place to crash before catching a train, the price is probly ok, but honestly the youth hostel is probly better.

Room Tip: if you can get a room facing away from via napoleon it might be better
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traveller579
Cork, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

I was planning to book two rooms for my trip to Rome. Searching through different booking websites I found this B&B, which I though it a great deal. When I was just about to pay a deposit, I realized that the check in time is 9 p.m. which is to early for us. I was a bit surprised as this seems to be quite strange specially for so called 24h reception. I though to give the B&B a ring and ask it a late check in would be possible (by late one I mean 10 p.m). A man with not so good English picked up. Trying to explain why I am ringing took me a while, he couldnt quite get it. Finally he said it is OK. I though perfect. It WASNT perfect indeed. He asked me not to book it through a different websites, just to send him details and he will respond in 5 MINS!!!.I thought, maybe he was going to give me a better deal. I wrote an e-mail and next day - STILL NO RESPONSE. I checked the booking website I was going to use to book it originally, PRICES WENT UP.I send them another e-mail explaing that this is not the greatest service,hoping they will respond to that, guess what - still nothing!!! I am delighted I didnt book it as I would probably end up being left outside the block with no answer from the reception at all. DON'T STAY THERE UNLESS IF YOU ARE AKING FOR TROUBLE. I prefer to pay a little bit extra but be sure that when I will come in there will be someone there to at least open the doors. It's not not even a BAD SERVICE, it is NO SERVICE AT ALL.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family