“Excellent service, location and price! Don't go anywhere else!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Piccola Maison

La Piccola Maison
Ranked #17 of 3,762 Rome B&B and Inns
Rochester, NY
“Excellent service, location and price! Don't go anywhere else!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

We wanted an apartment instead of a traditional hotel room and we found the perfect spot! La Piccola Maison was fabulous. Centrally located for walking and right in the subway and bus lines. We felt just like we were living in Rome. 7 minutes to the Trevino fountain, 5 minutes to the Spanish Steps, 10 minutes to the Pantheon, it was perfect. Don't be afraid, book it!

Room Tip: First floor room is still up a few steps. Economy kitchen, dining area, living area, free wifi, two...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I really enjoyed my time at La Piccola Maison. The room and the bathroom were super clean and the property is conveniently located. The staff could not be friendlier and helpful. I am for sure going to be recommending the hotel to my friends and family. I would suggest to open other similar hotels across Europe and the world.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Anmar A
leeds, uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

We - family of four - had two rooms at La Piccola at the start of our hols and then two rooms at their 'sister' place - Maison Trevi - at the end. Elegant, clean, perfectly located, really friendly and helpful people and a great base for exploring the city. Loved it!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Rome was my first stop in my month-long trip and La Piccola Maison Rome was a delight!
Their internet service was excellent. I appreciate the details given during booking, including instructions on how to get to the place. In fact, I was most grateful for them having made the arrangement for a taxi pick-up even though I made a very last-minute request by email.
The lady who received me on the morning of my arrival was very friendly and helpful.
She gave wonderful advice about where to go/eat/see and drew out walking tours on a map for me. We had a good chat on the two mornings when we met as well and shared opinions about Rome as well as Euro Cup!
The room was very comfortable, spacious and clean. The bathroom was very clean and spacious too and gave me total privacy.
The only thing I might like to raise is that the walls are too thin. I can hear conversations from the next room and that affected my rest a little.
But overall, it was a splendid experience staying at La Piccola Maison. Given its great service, wonderful room, and convenient location right next to a Metro entrance, I would tell my friends about it anytime!

Room Tip: Ask for the double room with the toilet outside, much roomier.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
North Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Would definitely recommend this apartment. I booked it after looking long and hard for somewhere clean and reasonably priced, and after exchanging e-mails with Giorgio, and we weren't disappointed. Although we had some difficulty finding it, because we were looking for a big hotel sign and it's only a little name plate on a front door, we arrived to a really warm welcome and were very pleasantly surprised by the accommodation. It was great ...as you will see by the photos....very clean, and spacious. It worked well for us (my husband and our 16 year old son stayed for 2 nights) but could easily accommodate a larger group for longer. Very handy for the underground, open topped tour bus, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and local restaurants. Just a couple of things could be improved upon...our bed was VERY comfortable (one of the best we have slept in!) but our son's wasn't because it had a ridge across it (and he is 6ft. 4ins!!) . Also, we were out all day and ate out during our stay, but if we had been wanting to self-cater we would have needed a bigger fridge maybe and more cutlery, crockery etc. Giorgio, the owner, was lovely, giving us a bottle of wine when we left which enhanced our train journey to Assisi!! Sorry Giorgio, I didn't think to give you any feedback when we were checking out - they obviously weren't a big problem!

Room Tip: Ours was the first door on the left after you came in from the street. We heard no noise from anyone...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reading, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

This is a wonderful boutique hotel in a perfect location near the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain. The hotel is tastefully decorated and very clean. Mara was exceptional in providing recommendations and general tourist information to us. I highly recommend the car service that the hotel can arrange for you for airport transfers. The service was worth every Euro. I would absolutely stay at this hotel again in the future!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amelia333Reading_PA
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We are usually high budget customers but decided to travel more economically on our short stay in Rome. Hence, we were a little apprehensive about a "reasonably priced" (and last minute booking) hotel. Well, we were pleasantly surprised. First, Giorgio arranged for a car to pick us up from the airport when we arrived from the States. The driver was 15 minutes late, I called Giorgio, and he assured us that our person was on the way. He arrived minutes thereafter. He also arranged for a taxi to take us to the train station upon departure.

When we arrived at the hotel, Giorgio was waiting to help us bring our luggage up the three flights of stairs. It wasn't a big deal climb and the building is nicely appointed -- marble and a lovely painted door. We were early for check-in but Giorgio allowed us to store our luggage. He, then, gave us a map with identified restaurant recommendations, answered a multitude of questions and sent us on our way. He couldn't have been nicer.

The room was fine for me and my daughter. It was clean and comfortable. And, believe me, I am very particular of my surroundings. Unlike another review, we heard no noise from the street. The only noise that was bothersome was from the office. This is really a bed and breakfast more than a hotel. So, the office is in the midst of the rooms and we could hear early morning conversations with Marta (also a big help). There was also a very slight problem with the radiator that Giorgio fixed right after we left. (I e-mailed him about the problem the last night.) And he discounted our price for the extremely minimal inconvenience -- a nice gesture.

The location is in close proximity to the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain. My only reservation for staying here would be if I was travelling with a person who has a hard time with stairs. It was no problem for us but, understandably, might be for somebody else.

Recommendations: Very near to La Piccola Maison were the restaurants Gioia Mia (very affordable) and Hostaria Romana (a bit higher). We ate at both for dinner. We really liked our pizza and pasta at the former and I liked my fish at the latter. My daughter was not particularly impressed by Hostaria Romana. However, it was an extremely popular and amiable place -- with lots of Italians present. You need a reservation at Hostaria Romana. We enjoyed our gelato on two nights at Il Gelato Di San Crispino, Via della Panetteria, 42. You pick up the gelato at the back of the restaurant. It was excellent. I must add that my daughter and I are gelato experts. I am sure there are other great places in Rome but this place met our expectations (creamy not anywhere near the consistency of ice cream) and we stuck with it. Il Gelato Di San Crispino is close to the Spanish Steps. Base on Trip Advisor's recommendation, we also tried Il Fornaio on 5 Via dei Baullari. It is quite a distance from the hotel but my daughter's mortadella sandwich on focaccia and my spinach and cheese pizza (no sauce) on extremely thin crust were fresh and delicious. The pastries were fine but not overwhelming delicious. Worth the trip if in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family