“One & Half Day Fabulous Tour in Rome”

Rome Connection Private Tours
Ranked #139 of 826 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Live the unforgettable experience of a Private Tour in Rome.Let yourself be led by historical and cultural itineraries that only the Eternal City can offer. Our great expertise and enthusiasm will guide every tour in Rome. Discover all the advantages of choosing a private tour labeled Rome Connection.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed February 15, 2013

As first-time visitors in Rome, my husband & I indeed had a great 1.5 day tour with Rome Connection/Marco, who was punctual, polite, knowledage and professional. On the 1st afternoon, he brought us to visit the Vatican Museum and spent hours patiently explaining various interesting stories of major paintings including the "Last Judgement" and Michael Angelo in a very passionate way, bringing us new perspectives in understanding the history of Rome and Vatican. On the next day, the itinerary was well scheduled with coverage of all other major sight-seeing places - the Colosseum, Circus Maximus, Catacomb, the Mouth of Truth, St. Peter's Square, the Spanish Stairs, etc, the timing arrangement was perfect that we could enjoy not only excellent explanation by Marco but also sufficient time to stay there taking pictures. What impressed us most was his enthusiasm and tech-savvy mindset - he helped us take very nice picture of the panaromic view of the Colosseum using i-Phone 5 !! Overall speaking, it's a fantastic tour and thanks to Rome Connection for bringing us this Fabulous Roman Holiday ! We'll definitely come back again during summer time and employ their service again to help us arrange tours to other parts of Italy !!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We had a great 2-day tour with Marco and it couldn't have been more perfect. He was on-time, took us to all the places we wanted to see, accommodating, and went above and beyond. It was a great, hassle free way to see Rome for the first time.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We used Rome Connection for one full day and half day. Marco and his team are excellent. You see a lot in a short period of time.

1  Thank Pkkd
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We just had the most fantastic vacation in Rome! I hired Rome Connection on-line based on other Trip Advisors' reviews and I was of course a little worried because I have been disappointed previously when relying on the opinions of strangers, but this time was a winner! I was emailing Marco to schedule everything prior to our arrival in Rome and he had prepared everything for us. He had a driver waiting to pick us up at the airport and take us to our hotel. It was great not to have to worry about getting a cab after a long flight and the Mercedes van was new, immaculately clean and comfortable. The price was only a few dollars more than a cab, but well worth it for our family of 3 and all of our luggage. The following morning Marco arrived and personally escorted us on our tour. Marco, a born and bred Italian, is handsome, charming and very knowledgeable. He took us to all of the must-see tourist sites of Rome and explained the history of each with such enthusiasm that even my 16 year old son was interested and excited about the tour! We all enjoyed spending time with Marco and we had a lot of fun. We even took a second tour with Marco to the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii the next day, which was amazing! Don't miss the chance to go there when visiting Italy. It is like nothing else on Earth and will take your breath away! There is not enough room here to tell you about all of the wonderful places and fabulous restaurants Marco took us to during our tour, so I guess the best recommendation I can give Marco and Rome Connection is to say this.... I am a very picky American woman, who enjoys being pampered and my husband is always looking for the best value for our money. My son is a teenager and we all know that they are not easily impressed. That being said, we were all thrilled with our tours and none of us could imagine having toured Rome without Marco! We are already planning our return trip for next year!

3  Thank Kim H
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We had a fantastic day with 2 separate tour guides, Pina and Paolo. Pina's knowledge and tour of Pompei was both educational and entertaining. I found myself wishing I had my kids there to enjoy this tour as they would have gotten so much out of it. Paolo's flexibility and eagerness to fill our day with as much of the Amalfi Coast's sights and sounds was remarkable. We had a long list of places we wanted to see and only one port day to squeeze it all in. Paolo was able to go the distance and add flavor and authenticity to the day, as well as some off the beaten path views. I would highly recommend using them. We were at Pompei before the crowds and got some fabulous pictures!