“good wine good food”

Ristorante Antica Taverna
Reserve with
Ristorante Antica Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7,162 of 13,057 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Me and my husband find out Antica Taverna while walking through Roma streets.
The place with great location was just near Piazza Navona.
We ordered rabbit and beef with house wine, all tasted excellent and the price was cheap.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was in Rome for 3 days and I had dinner 2 times in Antica Taverna. I recommend the tripe in tomato souse and parmegano and also the veggie pizza! The service is not really good, but this is typical for Italy. It is located on a small street and is cozy. I would go back there when in Rome.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We were visiting Rome for 4 days in Feb 2013. Everyday we searched for a different place - I regret we went to Antica Taverna only once, it was our best hit.

First of all, there is a nice terrace with heating facilities, you can seat outside, enjoy the fresh air and it is really cozy and warm. The street is a typical narrow one, with little traffic - it is quiet and clean.

The menu is unambiguous, you pay for what you order. We were given free bread and no service or 'copperto' was added. It is so nice when you can leave the tip as you like, not being forced to do it!
We ordered pizzas and salad. The salads were great, rich and fresh. Pizza was also very good, the best we had in Rome. We took a bottle of house wine, which I found very good.

We paid less than 30 EUR for two pizzas, salad and a bottle of wine in a great atmosphere in Central Rome.

I do recommend.

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We were attracted to a lively crowd sitting outside so we decided to give it a try for our first meal in Rome.
Unfortunately the food seemed to be reheated and not fresh. We had two kinds of pasta and seafood risotto, and a caprese (tomatoes not ripe). On top of it our waiter was grumpy and not so attentive.
On the plus side the location is great, the house red was good and the atmosphere was nice. Just wish the meal was up to par.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Indifferent service and food. It just seemed like we were more of a bother than actually customers. Many people are always here, so it is popular by dint of its location, I presume.