“Good value hotel convenient for the metro”
Review of Hotel Marvi

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rome
Hotel Marvi
Ranked #810 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed there for a week and would certainly stay there again. The hotel was not the easiest to find on arriving at night at the Conca d'Oro metro station due to major ongoing construction work around the station to extend the B1 line further. It was easy and cheap (E1.50) to get into the centre of Rome by the metro (15 minutes to the Coliseum). Our room (107) was on the small side, with limited space for clothes storage. The room was quiet, looking onto a wall, clean with mainly Italian TV channels but with a number of foreign news channels, including the BBC. Breakfast was buffet style with fresh rolls, pastries, cakes scrambled egg, bacon, sausages, cold meats, cheese, cereals and yoghurt etc.
There are number of restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel, however, information on nearby restaurants given by hotel staff was poor. The best restaurant in our view was the Hostaria Menenio Agrippa an approx 5-10 minute walk left out of the hotel. The trattoria was very popular with the locals and at weekends you would have to arrive early (7.30pm) or book to get a table. The trattoria was slightly cheaper than the Taverna dei Brigante mentioned in other reviews eg. a litre of the house wine was 5 euros compared to 7 at the "Briganti". We felt the area around the hotel to be safe and had no qualms walking around at night. On one day there was a transport strike (no metro), however, we were still able to get into the centre of Rome by bus No. 60 or 90. You could also get to and from Ciampino airport cheaply - bus from airport to Anagnina metro (E1.20) then metro to Conca d' Oro changing at Termini (E1.50).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joel43_12
There are newer reviews for Hotel Marvi

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed there for 4 nights with my mom and it was great. I think for those who are not looking for a nightlife is a perfect place to stay. The rooms are clean, nice furniture, simple breakfast with always fresh baked cakes, bread, eggs, nice cheeses, prosciutto, yogurt, carrels and etc,.
The location is not the best, the restaurant (a bit pricy) next to the hotel is amazing, there are other cheaper places to eat around as well. The transportation is ok till midnight, after there's no metro. You can get anywhere you want during the day to explore rome, metro is quick and easy.
Conclution: perfect for exploring the city, but not suitable for nightlife (taxi from the center is around 25 euros).

Room Tip: I had 403 and was happy about it, but looks like only 2nd floor rooms have a balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank x2x4ever
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Honestly, the hotel was ok. It was the location. I was there just for one night on my way back from Rome. The taxi driver couldn't or acted that he couldn't figure out where this hotel was. It is in a very much run down area. There is absolutely nothing to do in the area and there are not that many(let alone good ones) restaurants in the area. I was really scared of walking in the neighborhood in the evening.
The rooms are small but clean. The bathrooms are also not that big but they are clean. Coming from cenice where the staff was extremely friendly and while on my way to Venice I stayed in another hotel in Rome where too the staff were very helpful, I found the staff not very friendly. They just give you the info that you ask for. They didn't even offer to help me carry my bags to the room.
The breakfast is just very basic. Nothing to go for.
And yes one more thing. Taxis are not at all available in this area. I had to book a taxi thru the hotel to take me to the FCO airport. Costs 65euro.
So if you have the budget, please do not stay here.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This place is NEVER recommendable, and I'm trying be reasonable.
The location is bad, far away from the city, and even when there is a metro/subway, still you have to walk 300 meters in a quite dangerous neighborhood (expressed for the locals, when I asked them).
They said the hotel is 4, but with effort it is 2 stars because the furniture is damaged and the rooms are very small.
The breakfast is just some bread, jam, salami, and coffee (good Italian espresso).
The front desk staff does not speak good English.
The last, but not the less, I forgot a jacket and I sweater in my room, and they never sent it back to me, even when I offer to pay for it and called them several times.

Room Tip: Near to that hotel, there are even cheaper and better situated ones that I discovered after I booked...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed at the hotel on Valentines day, the hotel was ok for what you pay for. the room wasnt the biggest and was told all the rooms are the same size apparently the rooms abouve the 1st floor are much bigger.
the location of the hotel is very poor. It is based in COnco Doro which is roughly 15 min away from central Rome. the surrounding area looks very rough and is mainly of asian Bangladeshi people friendly people in general however i would consider a locally based hotel as the underground trains stop running about 11.30 or 12 at night. There is a night bus but that takes a very lkong time and taxis are very expensive.

not many good restaurants around that area I would recommend that you eat in Central Rome
(more expensive) but much better food

the breakfast wasnt the best just a few pasties tea and juice egg and sausages

overall its ok just the location might be a issue.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ash_ali1
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Aniene for 3 nights in January 2013. I had high expectations considering it was a 4* hotel. However, the air conditioning in our room wasn't working which made the room really stuffy at night when sleeping. The condition of the bathroom was also dirty and in need of renovation. The location was a bit out of town which made it troublesome to travel in and out of the city centre, particularly in peak hours. The breakfast offered a good variety and it's buffet option meant we were always full before heading out. Overall, 2-3* at the most, definitely not a 4*. If your staying for less than 3 nights i would advise to stay closer to the city centre

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank reading1987
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed in the hotel end of Nov 2012. We bought a surprise package through Lastminute and it was meant to be a 4* hotel in the city center. We considered the hotel to be a 3* low cost hotel. Clean and renovated but with very limited services. We were offered room 110 but it had a terrible smell and we asked for a change to a reluctant recpcionist, so you have to be really persuasive! Thanks that we read this tip in this web prior to arrival...
Hot water was limited so if you waked up late the chances to get hot water were reduced. Very basic and small wardrobe, very small safebox (small even for an ipad).
Regarding location, it is 5 stops by metro from city center plus 7 minutes walk from the hotel. It looks a bit lonely area if you go on your own by night, still undergroung is the best option.
Breakfast was ok and service at reception very inconsistent. There was a very nice man during the day but for the noight shift the receptionist seemed to be a trainee with a very low level of English. Still we enjoyed our stay in Rome but I would say the hotel is not good value for money.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple