Hotel Aniene
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
ARS Hotel(Rome)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewsmetro stationd orocentre of romepastriesb linefree wifiday tickethuge balconymodern hotelwalls are very thincold meatsset you up for the daytea coffeestayed here for four nightsminutes walk awaypublic transportcity break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed in Hotel Aniene for 5 nights using a special offer where the price includes free internet access and daily public transport tickets (6 euros each per day).
Since it was our second and third visit respectively within 12 months
it was not important for us to stay in the city center,
but to find something under 80 euros per night.
A year ago we stayed at the Hotel Albani which is closer to the city center,
but not in the city center, which is about the same level
but at a higher price.

Weaknesses
----------------
* Although rated as a 4 star hotel, you should not expect the luxury of a 4 star hotel.
It is more like 2,5 stars but this is also what you pay for,
so there is nothing to complain
* Breakfast is nice, but not in a 4 star quality
* The walls of the room were not clean and should have been painted again.
* Although there is a metro station very close,
you still have to take the bus 60
If you want to go to the area of centro historico e.g. piaza navona
* Mosquitos are everywhere in Rome. The hotel room makes no exception to this.
* A swimming pool would be great, even if the price per night would be higher.

Strengths
--------------
* New hotel with a very impressive fasade.
* Quiet area.
* Very very friendly and helpful staff (all of them!) giving all
information and support we needed.
* Great espresso (the machine and the quality are the same as in a good cafe!)
* Thorough daily cleaning.
* Daily replacement of soaps, shampoos, shoe-spongs etc.
* Quick transport to Station Termini using the B1 metro line (Station Conca D'Oria)
* Easily access of other areas with the buses 60, 63, 83
* Flawless internet connection 24 hours a day.
* Powerful air condition (very important in july!).
* Gym
* Overall nice design including logos on the room doors, book shelf with interesting books etc.
* What we have found close to the hotel:
- Pizzeria at the other side of the street with an offer of a pizza and a drink
at the price of 5 (!) euros from 19:00 to 24:00
- Very nice open air bar with live music (Sempione / Via Maiella)
- Nicely priced chinese store at the corner Viale Tirreno & Via Martana.
I bought a Fiat 500 miniature for 2,50 euros which I have seen in the city center
from 5 to 8,5 euros
- Very friendly coffee bar at Via Martana on the way to the Metro station

All in all it was a pleasant stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank LeonidasC
Reviewed June 29, 2012

This hotel is in easy reach of the city centre, although we didn't know this when we booked! A new branch to the metro (line B) has been added about 5 mins walk from the hotel called Conca d'Oro. This takes you directly to Termini, the main station in under 10mins. Obviously you have to wait a short while of connections or a metro train to arrive but we got from the hotel to the Spanish steps in 20mins on one day!
The other upside to this hotel is that it's in a quiet neighbourhood with some nice restuarants (cheaper than central Rome) so after a hectic day in the city you can relax with a pizza with all the locals and get a good (quiet) nights sleep.
In the hotel itself, I would say its a great 3 star, not a 4 star. The room was clean and well sized with a good shower and the breakfast in the morning was ok, it just doesn't quite meet the slightly more luxurious feel you expect in a 4 star. The staff were really helpful and nice though and the price for us was great (we got 4 nights for just over £200, which is a bargain for June in Rome)
Just one point that may bother some people - our (very cheap) room didn't have any windows, just a skylight, although this didn't bother us as we were out all day sightseeing anyway.
I would definely stay here again as it's the perfect balance of affordability, location, access to the sights and facilities.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Eleanor H
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days during my trip to Rome last week and I am very happy with my choice of Hotel Aniene. The hotel is clean, decorated tastefully and most of all every staff has been helpful and friendly during our stay. Reception has always helped our every request; from extra pillows, to a map of Rome, to hot water for the room, to letting us have cutlery from the kitchen and free hi speed wifi during our stay there. Rooms were serviced each day to good standards.
Room was very nice for the price we paid. Flat screen TV in the room, allowed me to watch Euro2012 from my room.
The new Conca D'oro Linea B metro station is now functioning. Brand new station, 6 stops (average 15mins) from Termini. Although in my 4 days there I have not found the metro to be most reliable (prone to delays and heat!). The new station is a short walk 200m from the hotel.
The hotel is situated in a residential neighbourhood. Not a posh one I can tell but I have never felt unsafe even later in the night. The street which the hotel is on has one or two cafes and a few convenience shops. The owners of the convenience stores speak English and are very friendly and kind. Prices are also much cheaper than stores in the centre. I paid €2.20 for a bottle of Italian white wine and 70cents for 5 bananas.
I did not find the neighbourhood noisy. Our room was facing the main street and we found it fairly quite most of the time.
We will definitely stay at Hotel Aniene again when visiting Rome (if the prices stay as good!)

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Peggy L
Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights during our city break to Rome.

The hotel was nice with a minimalist theme. It had free wifi, air conditioning and the staff were quite helpful.

Unfortunately, it was extremely loud. Every second morning the porters were extremely loud and left their stuff right outside our door. The showers werent not powerful at all. The hotel is very far away from Termini. Our best time on the bus was 25mins but most times it was 45mins to get to the centre.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank dtc85
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Don't care if this hotel is not inside city walls, this is NOT a problem, trust me. Aniene Hotel is one of the best I stayed on my travels to Europe. The hotel is clean, pretty nice breakfast. The room is clean, there's something modern in hotel's atmosphere. Aniene's staff is among the best I ever met, from the reception to the room makers they do a nice work with a smile on the face.

Despite the hotel is on a residential area, don't need to worry about this. Just need to walk 500m to Piazza Sempione to get 90 bus (Termini Express), but I noticed there will be open soon a metro station near the hotel (Conca D'Oro Station). If I go back to Rome I will not hesitate to choose Aniene hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple