WINNER WONDERLAND

“Great meal great atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ciampini

Ciampini
Ranked #727 of 11,619 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Campo Marzio
Parkland, Florida, United States
“Great meal great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Loved this place. Veal was amazing Val loved the Sea Bass. Great veiw. I found the staff very professional and knew how to stay out of the way of the experience. If your near the Spanish stairs make the strool up to this gem.

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Elverum, Norway
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

A great place to eat in Rome! Just minutes away from the crowds at the Spanish steps, this is a peaceful and quiet restaurant. The Food was excellent, the service was good, and the atmosphere and wiew was great! They even have turtles in a pond in the middle of the restaurant ;) A good Choice!

Seattle
“Good food, good views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were staying near the Piazza di Spagna at the end of a trip to Italy, and ate here on the recommendation of a friend. It was good enough that we came back the next night. We appreciated the fact that the restaurant was peaceful despite being close to the activity of the Spanish Steps area. The food was well-prepared and presented, and the service was courteous without being instrusive. Although the restaurant served several traditional Roman dishes in addition to other items, and although naturally there were plenty of visitors dining there like us, it did not give the sense of a tourist trap at all. Good choice.

Houston, Texas
“Rain soaked table? Apparently not a problem.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I came to Ciampini on our recent trip to Rome. I had actually planned this as a bit of a surprise dinner. I had read good reviews, great location, romantic, etc. I reserved and told them this was an anniversary dinner, so I would like a table with a nice view. We arrived and they led us to a great table, with in fact a wonderful view of the sun setting. After they brought our drinks and bread, it began to pour rain. Pour in fact, on our table. Our table was covered but it was blowing in. I understand that. Nature happens. Poor service should not. We were one of two tables present in that area at the time. Our table was soaked and we were soaked. All of our stuff got wet. Instead of helping us, the staff was frantically wiping off empty chairs and tables. My husband and I stood around for a few minutes, a little baffled. Eventually, WE decided to reseat ourselves. The waiter then goes over to our table, gets our drinks (which have been rained in) and our soaked bread basket and brings them to our new table. Really?!? Can you not bring us new drinks and bread? (We hadn't even touched them yet). The waiter and staff was beyond UNhelpful. At that point, our romantic meal was far from what I'd hoped and we wanted to leave. We decided to only order a primi each, which was the gnocchi. In taste, it was good but value and quantity it was awful. It had about 10 pieces. After all was said and done, we spent over 50 Euros for rained in house drinks, and 2 gnocchis. Will never ever step foot near this restaurant again and do not recommend it.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank travel314
Perth, United Kingdom
“great food, but snobby waiters.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

My friend and I decided to eat here for a late lunch a few days ago as it seemed to look really pleasant with a lovely ambience and good looking food - however this was mearly a veil over the restaurants clear high regard for itself that far over stepped the mark.
I am a typical blonde British gap year traveller and the friend I was going around Rome with that day is the same age as me and also happens to be a tattoo artist - fair to say she can look a little odd to strangers - but she is one of the most charming and lovely girls ever. we had decided as it was a lovely day we would splash out a little and go somewhere nicer than normal. however, as soon as we walked through the door to be seated we were ignored. it took a good ten minutes of us clearly standing wanting to be seated and waiters sauntering past us with their noses in the air before we got fed up and marched forward and asked for a table for two.
now I wasn't half expecting a couple of odd looks, we dont exactly look like your typical pair of friends, but hey ho, each to thier own. the waiters however seemed to think it was appsolutly horroble that they should have such riff raff in there beloved restaurant. we asked for a menu, and when asking for drinks we just asked for a jug of tap water. this it would seem, was not at all possible. considering there was a fountain 100m away where people were filling up water bottles with no problem I stuggled to see why they could not twist a tap and give us some water that would be otherwise used for washing vedgetables. but no, we had to pay. we ordered two starters for our mains, my friend some of the pasta, and i got a salad nisoise. pretty bog standard to be honest. i think my dog could have made better. we promptly ate our meals and left, not wanting to waste anymore of thier precious time.
the only possitive thing i can say about his place is that the turtles are cute.

• 2 of 5 bubbles