“The Best Lunch in Rome”

Ciampini
Ranked #692 of 12,784 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Campo Marzio
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My husband and I happened upon this place near the top of the Spanish Steps on our first day in Rome. We went back everyday after...the food, the open air seating, the view, the service was all spectacular. Two dishes that really stood out were the seafood risotto and the Ciampini chefs special pasta. That pasta dish was probably my favorite meal in Rome...it was so simple just tomato sauce, tomatoes, garlic and cheese. I originally wanted to add something to the dish but the chef said "it is their signature special and could not be altered". Well I see why...it was amazing! We loved Ciampini and Rome! I cannot wait to go back.

1  Thank chris557travel

Reviewed November 6, 2012

My friends and I came to this place being abs exhausted after many hours of shopping, so it was so nice to loosen the speed :)

Tables outside were overlooking the city, nice pool with turtles... stylie interior all was ment to give us a good break... Besides the cuisine was flawless! Service was very good as well!

So nothing negative, except maybe a bit shabby toilet room.

Would definitely recommend going to this place!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

A lovely walk up the Spanish Steps from the Hotel Mozart to this delightful restaurant with a charming fountain with live turtles in an spacious, open air atmosphere that accommodates couples or groups easily. Marvelous selections on a generous wine list. Lobster Ravioli is flavorful, Pork selection tender, the Gnocchi & Pasta selections are fabulous and all portions large enough to share generously.

1  Thank artess1
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We had lunch here on our last day in Rome, just a short walk along from the Hotel Scalinata di Spagna. The meal was fantastic and a great finale to our trip. The lobster ravioli was delicious as was the Tartuffo - not to be missed.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal here. The place overlooks the city. My brother and cousin had the roast crackling pork. It was great! I had lamb chops which were also good. The Tartufo was just ordinary. The service was attentive. Altogether, it was a most satisfying meal.