“Delicious meal with a view” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ciampini

Ciampini
Ranked #685 of 11,322 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Campo Marzio
Manila, Philippines
“Delicious meal with a view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal here. The place overlooks the city. My brother and cousin had the roast crackling pork. It was great! I had lamb chops which were also good. The Tartufo was just ordinary. The service was attentive. Altogether, it was a most satisfying meal.

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Geneva, Switzerland
“Great location, very good food, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

The reviews were spot on. This is a lovely restaurant in a very beautiful location with views over Rome and a beautiful outdoor terrace. The food was very good. The gnocci is a must, the shrimp salad was very good, the grilled lamb was enjoyed by my husband and daughter and my turbot was good though not the best I've had. The spaghetti for my son was excellent. Overall the service was fantastic, we had a very attentive waiter who was both professional and friendly. Not a cheap restaurant (total bill with wine came to 250 euros for the 4 of us) but we had 3 courses and an expensive bottle of wine. Definitely would go back and would recommend it, especially if you want a special location.

1 Thank melaye
Edinburgh
“Always wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We have dinner at Ciampini each time we visit Rome and it never disappoints. Its location near the top of the Spanish Steps means that it has wonderful views over the rooftops of Rome, and it is a lovely place to dine. We went there for another meal on towards the end of our trip. On this visit, the service was very good - our waiter was very friendly and helpful, without being too intrusive, and the food was amazing - there's a wide selection of meat, seafood and pasta on offer so there's something for everyone. It also has wonderful desserts too - try the tartufo; it's awesome!

2 Thank leemurphy1
Vancouver, Canada
“I could have eaten the gnocchi for dessert!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

A friend had recommended Ciampini to us -it was an awesome meal. We had the veal, octopus salad, beef carpaccio, and the gnocchi. My husband had ordered the gnocchi and let me taste it. It was wonderful...so much that I could've eaten it for dessert but we ordered the tartufo, which was also wonderful. Our server Goffredo was amazing!!!!

Visited September 2012
East Amherst, New York
“A Hidden Gem in Rome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My wife and I ate here during our last evening in Rome. We read about it on Tripadvisor and were staying nearby at the Hotel Scalinata di Spagna, a 3 minute walk. It was raining and we didn’t want to go very far. Wow, were we ever surprised and pleased. This is an outstanding restaurant, and not only for Rome. Being very close to the Spanish Steps, you would think it would be touristy. Not so. It doesn’t look like much from the outside but don’t be fooled. Mostly “outdoor” seating but it is covered completely and we could see St. Peter’s Basilica from where we sat. There is a glass enclosed room for cool nights. Best Gnocchi I ever had in my life. The lamb chops were superb. My wife had salmon, which was grilled perfectly. The portions were reasonable from what you would expect from this type of restaurant. All were delicious and presented very well. The tiramisu and fondente al cioccol were the best desserts we had in Italy. Service was outstanding and the environment was very romantic. We would highly recommend this restaurant on all counts, food, price and atmosphere.

• Visited September 2012