“Nice Lunch”

Cuisines: Bar, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Colonna
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Picked this one at random while walking to the Coloseum. Sat outside and had a decent thin crust pizza and good draft beer. Service was good and we had no complaints.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Great ice-cream (and we tried many other places recommended by different guides)! Just think that take-away is less than half the price of eating it at a table.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

The place is a little small and busy inside, but I suggest you to have a seat outside, as there's nothing much close to the seating area and the piazza you're in is large, it feels spacious and relaxing. Desserts are delicious. I tried cafe mousse. And there's a very kind cleaning lady, she's yearning to take your pictures if you hand her your camera! Chic, but also friendly place. Highly recommend.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Had the address from a CNN article. Stopped by mainly to sit down for a while (family was complaining) and eat something. Ice cream was our first idea, I went inside to look at pastries and savory snacks, but found them unattractive, so ice cream it was.
Some of the options on the menu were unavailable, so we had to take what was available. We particularly liked the marron glace' ice cream, really full of marron glace' pieces. Other flavors good, but not excellent.
Prices high, as might be expected to sit in a nice piazza right in the center of Rome (9.50 Euro for a cup with 3 flavors). They could at least offer a glass of ice water, as it was customary in Italy some years ago with ice cream.
Service standard, nothing to complain.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Visited as it is a five minute walk from our Hotel and it is located in one of favorite piazzas, but ultimately it was the glowing reviews in Tripadviser that moved us to have a coffee there in the morning and naively make a booking for dinner. The reservation didn't really seem neccasary as this place appeared to be a spot for the locals to have an aperitif before dining elsewhere, whilst tourists have dinner.
I ordered the daily " meat special" which was a veal dish done in white wine. It was at best underwhelming - a few slivers of tasteless but tender veal accompanied by a pile of over cooked bland vegetables. It was more akin to the simple meat and three veg dish that one would introduce to a toddler - bland and cut to bite size bits. In fairness my wife's fish was better but accompanied by the same veg pile. I attempted to redeem the moment by ordering a pizza but clearly the kitchen was over it at this point about 8 30 and what came back was in edible. I had to ask myself if I had the same restaurant in the reviews and sadly it was.

2  Thank sesome